Examples of great gaming journalism you've seen?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Basically, I'm writing an article about the best examples of gaming journalism out there. This article will cover everything from gaming videos on YouTube to articles on blogs and websites, with a focus on the high quality stuff people need to see/watch.

However, I've only got about 6 examples so far. As a result of this, I'm wondering whether anyone here has any ideas themself.

For example, do you know any great gaming videos that you consider good journalism? How about interesting articles about gaming subjects on some website or another?

If you do, post them as a reply in this topic!

AlphaOmegaSin is usually pretty spot on when it comes to gaming news. However, as a warning, he can be very graphic and foul mouthed. So he's not someone for the faint of heart.

TotalBiscuit sometimes covers news, but mostly just games. Though when he does cover news he's usually very calm, methodical and in depth. (Like when he covered Net Neutrality. Which you probably wouldn't think is a gaming issue... but it kinda is.)

Cheshire Cat Studios is also another to look into. They cover a wide variety of stuff (more movies and comics than games at times). Though they tend to be much more opinionated on things. EX- their fitness in games or Arkham Knight refund issue video.

If you look to cover the controversy of Gamergate, anything by Milo Yiannopolous or Allum Bohkari on Breitbart is a good place to start.

AlphaOmegaSin is usually pretty spot on when it comes to gaming news. However, as a warning, he can be very graphic and foul mouthed. So he's not someone for the faint of heart.

TotalBiscuit sometimes covers news, but mostly just games. Though when he does cover news he's usually very calm, methodical and in depth. (Like when he covered Net Neutrality. Which you probably wouldn't think is a gaming issue... but it kinda is.)

Cheshire Cat Studios is also another to look into. They cover a wide variety of stuff (more movies and comics than games at times). Though they tend to be much more opinionated on things. EX- their fitness in games or Arkham Knight refund issue video.

If you look to cover the controversy of Gamergate, anything by Milo Yiannopolous or Allum Bohkari on Breitbart is a good place to start.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Do have one question though... do you have any text based examples as well?

Because at the moment, my list is seemingly going to be about 90% video based, and I'd ideally like a bit more variety.

Andrew Otton of Tech Raptor seems to be pretty solid. Robert Marks from The Escapist is worth checking out most times (even if I don't agree with his conclusions).

Beyond that though there's really not many sites I read anymore. I do read IGN and Ars Technica occasionally. Though when I do I tend to be very cautious, depending on the author, when accepting anything they've written. Mostly because some were on the game journos pros list (like it's creator Kyle Orland, or Sam Machkovech) and/or dropped articles that really kicked gamergate into high gear. So I don't trust their integrity very much.

I would advise staying away from Polygon or Kotaku though, neither site is a bastion of integrity. Rock, Paper, Shotgun is another I'm very wary of.

Back when inside gaming/Fun Haus did gaming news, they had a very high level of professionalism and great humor. To the point that yeah, I've heard and know the news by heart but I watch them because I look forward to their humorous take on it.

Back