Expect a Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Review in the Next Few Weeks

Magikarp Ownd

Do you know who ate all the donuts?
Awards
Credits
Yup, I got Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for Christmas and haven't really played much (Thanks to Black Ops and New Vegas), but I'm going to be away from my house for a few days, and that will give me the chance to get into it. Hopefully I shall be able to finish it in two weeks, because usually Golden Sun games take a long time to finish. So, I know Jevans got this game, but who else did?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably not going to give it a chance.

A note to players who want to get into the Golden Sun Series: Games like Golden Sun are opposite those of Call of Duty or the like, where all the gameplay is action and you doing actions. Golden Sun is almost like reading a book, and is mostly, if not completely, storyline based. Battles and puzzle solving are almost just the interactivity added to it. This isn't to say Golden Sun is some DVD interactive-game peice of sheisse, but it isn't you doing anything you want to advance through the game. Yes, there is a large amount of dialogue (although, not as much as there could be compared to other games), but that is just part of the game. This is not to say that other games are strictly no storyline based, as nearly every game made has some storyline or plot or something, but some games are less-storyline intensive. Golden Sun is extremely storyline intensive.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that, Golden Sun is a game where getting into the plot and all of that jazz is a more deciding part of how enjoyable the game is compared to other games. In games like Call of Duty, all the fun is made where storyline is non-existent, on a battlefield where anything can happen, where you make the story. In games like Golden Sun, the story is made for you. (I'm trying to describe this in the least condescending way possible, but it's hard to explain my thought without going into basic detail.)

Edit: Pardon me if you see spelling mistakes, the keyboard I am typing on is extremely sticky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back