Facebook’s India User Base Crosses 100 Million, Set To Become Its Biggest Market

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
India is inching closer to overtake the U.S. as Facebook’s biggest market, at least in terms of the number of active users.

With over 100 million users as of March 31, India is now the only country where Facebook can aspire to have 1 billion users, thanks to a growing base of Internet users (currently around 200 million) and increasing proportion of mobile phone subscribers in its over 1.23 billion population.

Read More

I heard Indians are really tech savvy, and work and study in many type of tech jobs like computer programmers, SEO, social media marketing, and tech support. Most likely, a small percentage of these Facebook users from India would be using Facebook to improve a websites' SEO, social media marketing, and providing tech support for customers who choose to use Facebook fan pages for Dell, HP, and other PC companies to get help with their tech problems.

I think India would be the biggest user base for many other websites, and not just Facebook because India has a lot of young adults who can afford cheap $40 tablets which can access sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.

Also, I think the population in India is still rising because of their traditional values of "getting married, and having children", so their children will eventually go on the internet instead of values like "making a lot of money, and buying a lot of luxury items" which is a more common goal for people in North America, Europe, and other places.

Back