Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
After having already jacked the most interesting features from rival social networking service FriendFeed, Facebook has decided to acquire the company.

"Since I first tried FriendFeed, I¹ve admired their team for creating such a simple and elegant service for people to share information," said Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO, in a statement. "As this shows, our culture continues to make Facebook a place where the best engineers come to build things quickly that lots of people will use."

FriendFeed's innovations include the "like" button as well as an emphasis on combining status updates and micro-blogging, but the main FriendFeed feature was the ability to integrate information from different services, so you can check out a friend's Flickr page, Wordpress updates and tweets all in one place. If that sounds familiar, it's because Facebook has obviously been moving in that direction over the last few months.

The financial details of the deal have not been disclosed, but Facebook promises FriendFeed.com will "continue to operate normally for the time being as the teams determine the longer term plans for the product."

source

I think Friend feed is superior to twitter since it is not as restrictive and you can post pictures on there.

FB make a decent purchase.

FB seems to be the next google "buying smaller companies and making them popular"

Back