froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Facebook wants you playing games just about everywhere, and today the company is introducing a new initiative called Facebook Instant Games that it hopes will do just that. Instant Games is an HTML5 gaming platform that lets Facebook users play games on Messenger and in the Facebook News Feed, without the need to download anything. Instant Games are cross-platform, so they’ll work on both the web and mobile.

The service launches today in a closed beta with a total of 17 games, including the likes of Pac-Man, Galaga, Space Invaders, and Words With Friends. According to Leo Olebe, Facebook’s director of global games partnerships, the company was looking for a mix of classic games and new titles that would work well on the fledgling service. “We’re going to find out as time goes by what works on the platform,” he says.

Read More

I wonder if Tetris, Pong, Pinball, and Bowling Instant Games will be added to messenger, and the News feed.

It's good to see that classics like Pac-man, Space Invaders, and Galaga are being added to Instant Facebook games, so younger gamers can play these classic games, and older gamers can re-play these games in Facebook Messenger and Newsfeed.

I think adding games to Messenger, and the News feed can be better than reading rude and meaningless posts, replies, and news which users post to Facebook, and other social networks like Reddit, Twitter and Instagram.

Hopefully, the games are not full of ads, or in-app purchases where you need to buy DLC and in-game money to finish the game.

This would be amazing :) I was always a fan of Pac-Man and would spend hours playing it when I was younger. I still now play it every so often on the Xbox when I have the chance. Will be nice to see if they make it competitive so you can beat your friends scores and such :) that would be fun.

I think there would most likely be a few competitive, and team games like Pong, Pool, and Tetris since Messenger requires two and more people to start a chat or group chat.

Messenger and Newsfeed games maybe good ways to get to know people better while playing games and chatting compared to just sending messages and posting replies to posts which can be more difficult for people who are shy which prevent them from starting conversations with people.

Back