froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Facebook has added a live streaming option to the package, and finally offered its users something to rival Periscope and Meerkat.

Live streaming is exciting stuff and a new string to the Facebook bow. Facebook is very keen on it naturally, and it will see the addition slot in nicely among the sort of things that it has acquired in recent years - like Instagram and Oculus - the latter to a mixed response.

Read More

I wonder could Facebook video streaming feature be used to stream gameplay video if you have a video capture box for capturing gameplay video, and a webcam setup on your computer.

So you can post random videos on facebook now?

I'm not sure I understand how this works. Does the video remain on facebook or...?

I think there is probably an option for you to save the video on Facebook, or not save the video, and just show video from your webcam as a live video feed.

This feature is probably like live video blogging sites like Ustream, BlogTV, etc which let user share their videos as a live feed, and have the option to save the video for people to view it again when it is not live.

It's probably pretty useless. The most poplar streams are gaming ones and its just so much easier to stream games on either youtube or twitch

This feature maybe useful for sharing livestreams of Facebook games like Farmville, Candy Crush Saga, etc with friends on Facebook, and teaching them how to play Facebook games.

Back