Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
0wr4iFP.jpg

Facebook for mobile has a built-in browser, in case you did not already know this. This makes it easier for users to browse websites outside of Facebook, while still sort of remaining in Facebook, but it looks like the company’s latest browser really wants users to stay within the app.

As you can see in the screenshot above (courtesy of Henry Wilmer at the BBC), it shows Facebook’s new in-app browser for mobile. Prior to this, the old in-app browser basically just loaded the page and that was it, but as you can see, this new browser comes with an address bar and additional features. So if you ever wanted to browse additional websites, you could just do so within the Facebook app itself.

Read More

I wonder would this in-app browser for Facebook would be available for Messenger, and other app companies like Instagram, and WhatsApp.

I like that the in-app browser has an address bar, back button, and additional features since a browser without an address bar seems kind of restrictive for the user since they can't easily use the address bar to go to other sites, or search the web from the address bar which is usually also a search bar in most mobile browsers.

But, I feel the Share button should be a small image icon button instead of a text button which takes up more space on the navigational web browser toolbar.

The small Facebook toolbar at the bottom of the browser seems to take up a small amount of space which can be annoying.

Looks good. Didn't like the current one with its weird white bar at the top. Another way to track our activity I guess

That looks more like a way to make people share articles on their facebook profiles more often. It's like that share button at the top is begging people to tap it.

I agree, the share button looks like a way for Facebook users to share more articles on Facebook profiles, and fan pages on Facebook.

I bet, a lot of less tech savvy users will mistaken the Share button for the Go button which is on the right side of the address bar on a lot of older web browsers like Internet Explorer 6.

Hopefully, there is a share confirmation box before users share a page to prevent people from sharing awkward articles, videos, and pictures... on their Facebook profiles.

Back