Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Been looking for a reason to get VR? Well it was announced by Bethesda at E3 that Fall Out 4 will come to VR in 2017 and be a full working game. If you happen to be at E3, you can try out a demo on the show floor.

Doesn't seem like a game fit for VR, but seems like it could be interesting. Hopefully it goes well. It will come to the HTC Vive which is also an interesting choice, DOOM is also likely to eventually come to VR.

Doesn't seem like a game fit for VR, but seems like it could be interesting. Hopefully it goes well. It will come to the HTC Vive which is also an interesting choice, DOOM is also likely to eventually come to VR.

I agree with Demon_Skeith, why wouldn't it be a game fit for VR? You can play the game in 1st person, so it's just a matter of getting the controls down and you have a VR post-apocalyptic experience.

I think this will definitely be an interesting thing to experience on VR. I don't have a VIVE yet, but if I do get one, this will be something I want to try out. Fallout is such an interesting game in and of itself, experiencing it in virtual reality is a whole different experience! It might be close to actually being in the post apocalyptic wasteland. I'm curious how they're going to approach the inventory system, and the like, but it seems like a neat idea. I'd love to be able to try it.

Why wouldn't it be fit? You mostly travel around a lot don't you?
Just because its action orientated. I've heard enough reports about VR not working well with somewhat action heavy games. DOOM is another title I doubt it will work for well. There will be a lot of sickness created from it.

In my opinion, Fallout 4 UI is awful; the Pip boy based HUD is difficult to read and too small for a game with tons of items. There is nothing more uncomfortable that spend like one minute scrolling up and down for stuff in your inventory. The Power Armor HUD is even more awful. Now imagine that abomination adapted to VR Point of View.

Luckily, We have a talented Mod community with no qualms in fixing Bethesda screw ups.

I actually thought the open world platform would make this game really cool for VR, just because that immersion into a different world would be very cool. Also, you'd be more apt to look around. Of course, FPS is really great for VR so DOOM would be made even cooler with a virtual reality headset. I'd be really interested in more open world game support for VR, just because the more I think about it, the more interested I become.

It would be interesting for VR, but I don't think I'd enjoy it myself. I feel like although it would be a good choice for VR, I think a lot of players would rather play by controller and without the immersion. I think other games would be better with the VR than anything.

I'd have to agree and say that fallout would be a perfect game for VR, just like GTA would aswell or any games you can play in a first person perspective.

I said in a previous thread that I'm still yet to be convinced that VR is the future of gaming, but games like this do seem to be ideally suited so I think VR could shine if done right for this genre.

Yeah I'm in the camp that doesn't think it's a right fit for VR either. The thing with VR is that it doesn't account for your feet and there's a certain disconnect between how you move in the game vs how you move in real life. Apparently it makes people very uncomfortable. There's also the issue of the concussion effect in the game, which makes your screen blur. It might be exacerbated by VR considering it's literally a screen attached to your voice and already makes people nauseous without the dizzying effect. We'll see, but as someone who loves Fallout 4 and has played literally hundreds of hours of it, I don't think it's a great idea to port it to VR.

Back