Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Announced today at the MS conference, any mods for Fallout 4 on PC will be useable on the Xbox one as well. Anyone excited?

That is a very big deal and gives signs of a bright future. Imagine consoles games if more are able to adopt this method - Minecraft will most likely get it eventually giving that they own the game now. Xbox have discovered a way that they can win some users for sure with this.

It's pretty cool. Modding, especially for a fallout game, is very important. Hopefully, this feature will be available for more games in the future.

Wait what?  Mods on consoles??  This could actually be a game changer in terms of PC's being the more dominant market for games like Fallout and the Elder Scrolls.  My only worry is, will they expect people to pay for these mods or will they remain free?

Interesting concept. They'll be using PC mods and hoping they work properly because if anyone remembers Skyrim modding, putting in some mods could just ruin the entire game, how will this effect the xbone console? Because I imagine there will be some incredibly large mods designed for the PC that will not in any way be compatible with the Xbox one, I am really curious as to how they're going to sort the marketplace so people aren't having problems. Last thing modders want to do is get slammed by people on a completely different system because it isn't working, which is what I see being a problem here.

Back