Everyone's Rival
Staff member
Awards
Credits
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
There is a vast array of Mario characters that show up all the time in games together with Mario. Do you like the more obscure ones or the most common ones? What part of their personalities do you like about them? What games did you play that they have appeared in that you saw them first?

As much as I like Wario and his games, I would put Bowser Jr. and then maybe Roy Koopa in second and third. Wario is just a goof, obsessed with money, and poor business practices. He has a bike, a car, a house, and a TV. I feel he has the most depth of any other Mario character. The simplicity of Wario Land 2 tested your limits and skills with every button press you had a set goal to solve so you could progress. WarioWare DIY made Wario so lazy that you had to learn how to make games while listening to some silly everyday elevator music. Every game with his name made him more likable. They even gave Wario his shoulder bash again in Get It Together!

Bowser Jr. just wanted a mom. He's a spoiled brat, but we still don't know his mom. He's very agile, he gets his spot in Smash Bros. 4 and Ultimate. He's a miniboss in New Super Mario Bros. There's just nothing to dislike about him besides the fact unlocking Shadow Mario in Toadstool Tour (Golf) is a pain. I still need to get around to finishing that.

And Roy was a fun boss fight for me in Super Mario Bros. 3, although I would argue the platforming of each airship was more fun to manage. A guy in pink and shades, being the personality of a bouncer, just seems like a great fit. My guess from never playing SMW was he didn't show up, by that classic meme.

My pick is Yoshi. He just eats everything.

Back