Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Having kids, it's a joyous thought of continuing the family line and give your home more life. But as I've lived these past many years and watched and listen to many different lifes and see the state of the world and it's murky future I have to wonder and think, is it wrong to have kids?

Do you feel it's right to have kids to face many more hardships than what we had growing up in a world that slowly seems to be going to hell?

I do question that if having kids is right, unless you are very lucky there is little joy in life and is more about pain and headaches as you try and make a living. If I had an option, I would adopt over giving birth to more life.

I think that's looking at it the wrong way. Having kids is a natural process, it's something that people do. Yes it extends the family line, yes it's hard work and takes a hell of a lot of commitment, and it costs a lot of money, but on the flip side it's full of enjoyment. You get to mold the child, you could be the parent of the next big thing, you just don't know.

Baz said:
I think that's looking at it the wrong way. Having kids is a natural process, it's something that people do. Yes it extends the family line, yes it's hard work and takes a hell of a lot of commitment, and it costs a lot of money, but on the flip side it's full of enjoyment. You get to mold the child, you could be the parent of the next big thing, you just don't know.
^ This. 

Baz said:
If you don't mind me saying, but that's rather selfish. When it comes to kids it's what the adult wants in the end, many adults will even control their kids to the point they have no say while others have to trug through a hellish life to either get somewhere better or worse while a few others life in bliss and somehow end up spoiled.

I just wonder what right adults have to give birth to kids only for them to face a harden future.

Demon_Skeith said:
If you don't mind me saying, but that's rather selfish. When it comes to kids it's what the adult wants in the end, many adults will even control their kids to the point they have no say while others have to trug through a hellish life to either get somewhere better or worse while a few others life in bliss and somehow end up spoiled.

I just wonder what right adults have to give birth to kids only for them to face a harden future.
As parents we get to make the important decisions however when the kids are old enough to decide things that they want to do, more often than not we as parents, let the kids sample what they want to sample. The future is going to be the future for everyone so it makes little difference if it's for ourselves or our kids. 

The future could be bleak, but it could also easily be much better times than there are now. The fact is without kids being born the future will be bleak without a doubt. Also parenthood helps change a lot of people for the better, and it really is something you can't understand until you experience it.

It's not like I'm ever going to find someone to love me and give me children, so I've given up on the idea... I wanted to have kids when I was younger, despite all the hardships that come with the process or raising them.

If you are going to look at this from a realistic level then the answer is no. Everyone thinks their child is going to be something special but the truth is the world is full of pawns. Also, there are so many broken families and parents who have clearly gotten tired of the joy of having a child.
Let's face it. You cannot be a parent like in the 60's because nowadays the society chooses what people like and the path they are suppose to take.
Mathematically speaking, it's not a good decision either as the world is over populated, poverty is high, and the chance of success is less likely.

Money gets me mad all of the time(side topic).
When I got my first car I worked for $1 above minimum wage ($8.50/hr) Gas was around .45cents/Litre.
Today minimum wage is $11 and gas $1.10/L. Insurance has tripled, home phone to cells made an increase of $15 a month. Rent is double, creditcard companies charge a 3%fee to stores(which you pay for). Monthly bank fees from $2/M to $15.
It's ridiculous. The whole country is trying to eliminate spending money.

I bought an 88 thunder bird that was only a year old for $12,000. Today that car would be equivalent to the mid-model of the charger which is........$37,000.

I would hate to be born now because it's going to SUCK to bad in 20yrs.

It's not like I'm ever going to find someone to love me and give me children, so I've given up on the idea... I wanted to have kids when I was younger, despite all the hardships that come with the process or raising them.

What. What's the problem. Why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that not everyone wants to have children but that depends on their view points. I think that any good parent(s) will try to do the best for their child(ren) regardless of their situation. However, there are other people that should never have children. Ever. Some kids grow up to be good people when they are older and learn to be productive members of society while others just end up being a burden on society. It depends on how a person is raised and what choices that person makes during their life time.

If you ask me it's because people think it's a bad financial decision and you're going to get roped into having to pay for a kid for at least 18 years and not be able to do anything for yourself.

I can see where the concern comes from but it kinda misses the point that some people want to spend their time raising a kid.

If you ask me it's because people think it's a bad financial decision and you're going to get roped into having to pay for a kid for at least 18 years and not be able to do anything for yourself.

I can see where the concern comes from but it kinda misses the point that some people want to spend their time raising a kid.

the way kids are living these days, you have to afford them till their 20s.

the way kids are living these days, you have to afford them till their 20s.

I know a guy that is still living with his parents and he is 36 years old. He's never moved out on his own and he's only had 2-3 jobs in his entire lifetime, which he's never kept for more than 5 minutes because he says they're "too hard". That just reiterates what I mentioned earlier. Some people are raised to be productive members of society while others are not. Some people will go off to become good adults in their late teens or early 20's. However, others never become an adult ever in their lifetime. It all goes back to how they were raised.

Plus, I agree with what fantanoice said. Some people want to have kids and spend their time with their kids and raising them. Others do not. Neither of which should be scorned for their decision.

I know a guy that is still living with his parents and he is 36 years old. He's never moved out on his own and he's only had 2-3 jobs in his entire lifetime, which he's never kept for more than 5 minutes because he says they're "too hard". That just reiterates what I mentioned earlier. Some people are raised to be productive members of society while others are not. Some people will go off to become good adults in their late teens or early 20's. However, others never become an adult ever in their lifetime. It all goes back to how they were raised.

Plus, I agree with what fantanoice said. Some people want to have kids and spend their time with their kids and raising them. Others do not. Neither of which should be scorned for their decision.

well I'm 25 and living with my parents ^^; but thats mostly because I can't work a full time job plus go to college. Not to mention living rates are insane today with minimum wage barely making living alone possible.

Having kids is not meant for everyone and each individual has their own reason for having kids. There are so many people with kids are terrible parents and there are some are truly meant to have kids of their own. It really depends on how everyone is for having a child on their own or not.

In my own perspective, I don't have my own child because I am not ready to the commitment and responsibilities, especially since I am just starting out in my career and only a few months left in college. But having a child on my own someday is part of my future, it is not because of continuing a family line but the feeling of being a whole and complete, I also wanted to feel being a parent and wanted to raise my child differently than how my parents raised me. I wanted to have the happiness of being a parent, even though there are some ups and downs. Since now that my dreams being completing college, wedding, and career is in the grasp of my hands - having a child and see the grow up is another one that needs to be fulfilled.

Me no read the full topic apart from the heading. Answer to my thoughts are HELL no. I rather be with myself and get rich with no other person around.

But Sex is is something that we all gotta doing life, once a month

Back