Feelings on anime sequels being made out of the blue?

MartinL

Awards
Credits
So, I just found out about Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection, and I have very mixed feelings on it. On the one hand, it's probably my favorite anime series, so I'm super interested in what the sequel will try to do, and, like 99% of the fanbase, I really would like to see Lelouch again. However, on the other hand, I'm paranoid that it'll be a flop like Eureka 7: Ao, or a blatant cash-grab like with the new Evangelion movies.

In fact, it seems to be a trend lately in the anime industry to make new sequels to either finish adapting the source material or to just extend the franchise entirely. The final season of Zero no Tsukaima didn't come until 2012 5 years after the proceeding one. Dragon Ball Super came in 2015 19 years after the end of DBZ. We're getting a new season of Full Metal Panic in 2017 12 years after Second Raid. They made new Lupin III seasons in 2012 and 2015 after
the last one ended in 1985!

How do you all feel about these new sequels being made for anime that have ended 5+ years ago? Any that you hate/like? Any that you're looking forward to? I'm genuinely curious.
pop ringtones, message ringtones, samsung ringtones

Last edited:
E7 would be out of the blue, but fans have demanded a Code geass squeal for sometime now. But these things take time though, for whatever reasons.

Well, I would feel delighted of those anime are the anime that I favored.

Otherwise, I won't be seeing them at all and I suppose I would feel something along the lines of .. What a waste of money and such

Back