Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Final Fantasy VI, originally released outside of Japan as Final Fantasy III, is indeed one of the most praised games of the entire SNES, which has its fair share of legendary games, and thus one of the most praised games of all time. A few years back, Square-Enix confirmed that they would be bringing the first 6 Final Fantasy-games to the Virtual Console, and now, we are finally going to get Final Fantasy VI available on our Nintendo Wii.

So far, it's only been confirmed for a Japanese release, but given the original game was released in North America as well, the title is officially confirmed to reach other regions as well (as per Square-Enix's original comments regarding the games being released on the Virtual Console), but it's not certain when.

What is certain, however, is that Japan will be recieving Final Fantasy VI on the Virtual Console sometime during March. The game will likely reach other regions fairly soon after.

source

I much rather have a remake for the DS lite.

I don't think live gets any, but does PSN have any FF games on it from the old days?
Only Final Fantasy I and II in Japan, but those are so commonly found. >_> There is also VII, VIII, and IX, but I'm sure you have those on disc (like me! :grin:).

I'm pretty sure XII would fill half a PS3 disc. and whats the point of XI coming to PS3? I thought SE was to discontinue that?
No, they would anger many fans. And Blu-Rays hold a LOT of space, so all of them would be on one disc.

I know blu ray holds a lot, but it couldn't possibly hold all of PS2's FF games.
Yes it could. All together, the PS2 Final Fantasy titles are about 10-15GB. Blu-Rays can hold up to 50, I believe it was? I don't know the specs exactly, but I know it can hold at least 20GB.

Back