Final Fantasy 7: Overrated or awesome?

Final Fantasy 7: Overrated or Best game in the series?

• Total voters

Lleyn

Beep
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I think that when the game first came out it was awesome, but comparing it to the other games in the series i believe it overrated to say its the best. I think most people like it so much because it was the first 3D RPG of the series. This was seen as revolutionary because it wasn't done before. The story captivated audiences and it took on a totally different look and feel. The first time I saw the game I was definitely amazed, and i still love it, but there are better games in this series.

It hink its a great game but personally I always like FF8 the best. I just thought the story and characters were unbelievably great.

The only reason people even deem it overrated is because it's the most popular one.

The fact is THAT FF games is the one that brought the series to the attention to the mainstream gamer. Before that, just like any other jrpg, it was considered a niche game that only few people bought into.

FF7 set a new standard. Not only because of the quality of the game, but the sheer content within it. It was unheard of for an rpg to have so many mini games and outside function apart from the main game at the time.

I think that FF is an awesome game, but with the time passing it became super overrated. I still enjoy playing it anyways.

I think it's not over rated...
all FF7 fans like the story inside it.
Well... that's my point of view, cause i like the story by myself
and i think story is one of the key elements in games.
It's not like i'm critizing other FF story is bad...
It's just i think that FF7's story is better... that's all...
so i'm waiting for the remake of the game with a better quality..
hope i'm not pushing all my opinions to you guys!

Not overrated at all if you ask me.

Pretty fun gameplay and the storyline was absolutely superb.

Back