Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Times sure have changed since the original Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles hit Japanese GameCube back in 2003. Back then, Square Enix's direct involvement with the project was the subject of debate, presumably due to a strong relationship with Sony. In the end, Nintendo served as the game's publisher, with the mysterious "Game Designer's Studio" listed as developer.

Now in 2007, Nintendo once again rules the videogame world, and it's time for a return to the world of Square Enix's FF offshoot. While the western world will have to wait until next year, Thursday saw the Japanese release of Ring of Fates for the DS, this time unabashedly developed and published by Square Enix itself. We've spent a couple of hours with the game to deliver some initial impressions.

Following a lovely CG intro (video quality continues to improve on the DS), the game begins exactly as previous demos from the Square Enix Party and Jump Festa did, showing the twin main characters Yuri and Chelinka heading out to a nearby cave for a quick adventure. This is actually a tutorial sequence, where you learn the basics of the gameplay. You're allowed to skip the explanations if you like (this instantly adds 2 points to the review score).

more here

This is on my list of games to get once I'm working again.
I actually liked Crystal Chronicles on the GC. *hides*

Back