Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Saw Square Enix's behind the scenes video of the classic game, nice:

I love these behind scenes videos, watching those kind of videos is what made me dream to work with game development, which now I do, finnaly realized my dream. Also I am happy of becoming a part of this wonderfull community here. Cheers for all!

To this day still don't understand how this game gets overshadowed by FFVII, FFVIII and FFX

end of PS1 lifespan I believe.
Basically, as it also came out after the PS2 dropped in North America.

There was also a time period where people really hated cartoon graphics, and people wanted more photo realism or mature graphics, which was the industry trend. Just look at how people’s reaction to Windwaker’s graphics were negative for awhile. You’ll see the same thing over people hating on sprite based games during the PS1/N64 era because 3D was the hot thing at the time, and people hating turn based RPG’s in the early PS3/360 era.

i definitely remember before people turned around on the game, the biggest criticism was that people really hated that it looked like a Disney cartoon. Though it is ironic that over a decade later, both FF9 and Windwaker are now beloved for their graphics, and it helped those games age better.

Basically, as it also came out after the PS2 dropped in North America.

There was also a time period where people really hated cartoon graphics, and people wanted more photo realism or mature graphics, which was the industry trend. Just look at how people’s reaction to Windwaker’s graphics were negative for awhile. You’ll see the same thing over people hating on sprite based games during the PS1/N64 era because 3D was the hot thing at the time, and people hating turn based RPG’s in the early PS3/360 era.

i definitely remember before people turned around on the game, the biggest criticism was that people really hated that it looked like a Disney cartoon. Though it is ironic that over a decade later, both FF9 and Windwaker are now beloved for their graphics, and it helped those games age better.

That's because Zelda went from something epic looking to cartoonish. For FF IX, it was honestly an upgrade to FF 7's look back in the day, wouldn't call it cartoonish.

That's because Zelda went from something epic looking to cartoonish. For FF IX, it was honestly an upgrade to FF 7's look back in the day, wouldn't call it cartoonish.
I’m just directly quoting what people said. It was pretty common several years ago for people to complain that it looked like a Disney cartoon.

I’m just directly quoting what people said. It was pretty common several years ago for people to complain that it looked like a Disney cartoon.

Oh I know what people said, I was one of them for Zelda :p

Still irked this is the style they used to conclude the OoT story.

Last edited:
Back