Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Delays still possible!

and here is an updated trailer from the SE conference:

Last edited:
There's no specific info on game parts or how many parts will be on the Preorder psn page, only Multi Part saga. Probably they are going to call the second part, FF 7 Remake Part II.

Last edited:
Updated first post with full trailer, can't believe they covered Tifa's legs :p

Lol people on gamefaqs covered not just her legs and PLOT either basically her entire body structure and parts lol

It looks really good. I was kind of iffy on the battle system at first, but it looks cool. I still don't know if I'll get a PS4 just for the remaster though.

I'm also glad they finally showed Tifa and she's not just chest the character like I was afraid she was going to be. I feel like they tried way too hard in the original with that.

They showed the remake "gyahaha" but they haven't shown the remake "kyahaha" lol
And too bad they didn't show "gyahaha"'s TM laugh in the trailer lol

So I didn't get this at the reveal, but part 1, which is only on Midgar, is two blu-ray discs long.

Now, amazing as that is, is it story long or just because everything is fancy looking?

I think it's both and/or probably some of the cutscenes are like in-game engine pre-recorded cutscenes instead of true 3d realtime cutscenes like what Naughty Dog did with uncharted 2 cut scenes back on Ps3.

I think it just looks pretty, assuming they are rendering nearly the full city.

Indeed.

Though as long as it runs good fps wise and looks good I'm not complaining pre-rendered or not during cut scenes.

Last edited:
Jason of Kotaku did a hands-on play of the demo and talked with Kitase:

“We can’t reveal that many details about this,” producer Yoshinori Kitase said when I asked him today how many games will be in the series. We know that the first one is set entirely in Midgar, and that, according to Square Enix, it’s the size of an entire numbered Final Fantasy game—a radical reimagining, given that Midgar was maybe 5 or 10 percent of the original game on PlayStation 1.

“When we started out planning the plot for the first game, it hit us again... at that point we decided we were going to focus first game on Midgar and what happens in Midgar. Unfortunately we can’t say anything more about the future games, because we don’t know ourselves.”
Kitase added that the development team is simultaneously finishing Final Fantasy VII Remake’s first game, which is out in March 2020, while planning game number two.

Update: Square Enix sent in an update clarifying Kitase-san’s words:
“While the development team finishes the first game of the project, they are also planning the volume of content for the second. Due to the work already done on the first game, we anticipate that the development of the second game will be more efficient. However, for now we would like to focus on the development of the first game.”

The best way to describe the Final Fantasy VII remake is “fleshed out.” It’s like the PS1 version of Final Fantasy VII was an outline and this is the final paper. Whereas in the original game you’d see a few dialogue exchanges that were meant to broadly convey feelings—Jessie being flirty, Barret trying to convince Cloud that the environment is worth saving—here there are fleshed-out conversations, genuine personality, and dialogue with a surprising amount of warmth. There are some clunky lines in there, but it’s fun to watch.

Here’s one exchange I particularly enjoyed:
Barret: You gonna stand there and pretend you can’t hear the planet crying out in pain?
Cloud: You really hear that?
Barret: Damn straight I do.
Cloud: [after a pause] Get help.
Jessie, a member of Barret’s Avalanche eco-terrorist group, has more dialogue in the 30 minutes of footage I saw today than she does in all of Final Fantasy VII on PS1. Wedge and Biggs have more personality. There are cut-scenes around every corner. It feels like a completely new game.

hyk4mcholcwjvf8jrwmj.png

This version of Cloud was equipped with some skills like Braver (formerly a Limit Break, now a regular ability) and a triple-slashing ability that sends him spinning from enemy to enemy. There’s also a stagger system reminiscent of Final Fantasy XIII in which you can build up an enemy’s “staggered” gauge. When it fills up, you’ll do bonus damage—160 percent, in the demo.

qrrdqajmo8mpg4f5b7bb.png

As a result of this system, it doesn’t feel like a hack-n-slash action game. It’s got a very, very different vibe than, say, Kingdom Hearts III. Just mashing the square button doesn’t seem like an effective strategy in Final Fantasy VII’s new combat system. You don’t do a ton of damage with standard attacks. From what I watched and played, getting through fights requires frequent use of abilities and swapping between your characters—in this case, using Cloud to take out short-range enemies and Barret to gun down sentries from a distance.

Last edited:
Hrmm, so this could easily be a 6 year or more project?

I think so. And just read a comment mentioning the next generation console:

Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda said: "I believe that our teams have made it so that the game will support both the next generation and the current generation of consoles. I believe it is being developed so that it is going to be playable on both."

going to have to be, this game is going to take 10 years to make.

Do you think Sony is going to have a Ps5 FF7 Remake themed console launch bundle with FF 7 Remake Part 2?

Back