Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Yoshi-P's post on the matter:

Hello everyone, this is Naoki Yoshida, Producer and Director of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

I would like to apologize for my explanation in our earlier news announcement, “Issue with the Housing Lottery System (Apr. 16): Follow-up,” which has caused confusion for some of our players.

In the news announcement, I had mentioned "there are many patterns involved for the lottery conditions" to which we’ve received comments such as, “Are they manipulating the lottery method somehow?” I apologize for my vague wording, which came about from my haste to publish a follow-up announcement.

What I should have said was “there are many patterns involved for the lottery entry conditions”; my blunder was in writing this simply as “lottery conditions.” The housing lottery system implemented in Patch 6.1 uses a plain randomization method and conducts a simple process regardless of lottery entry conditions.

Although the Development team is continuing to put their full effort into investigating and verifying the housing lottery issue, we have yet to identify the root cause, and it appears we will require additional time to do so.

While some plots underwent the lottery process and are displaying the results as intended, other plots are experiencing the following issues:

• Cases where the lottery was properly conducted internally and a winner exists, but the results display the winning number as 0.
  • Cases where there was a single entry in the lottery, but the results display that there was no entrant or winner.
  • Cases where there is no winner despite entries being made by multiple friends or free company members.
We will continue to carefully investigate and address the causes of these types of occurrences. We still have the lottery data, and it is possible for us to confirm the status of entry applications through our database server logs. These logs will be referenced to ensure that players who have accepted their gil refund from losing the lottery will not be negatively affected by the measures we will be taking afterwards. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by these issues, but please rest assured regarding this point.

We will continue to follow up with further details regarding the investigation and our measures for this matter as soon as possible. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Back