Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Final Fantasy XV’s update just hit today bringing Booster Pack and DLC today to all Season Pass holders, along with the 1.05 patch for all players. Version 1.05 brings the game’s PS4 Pro frame rate up to 60 FPS.

The DLC contains an almighty sword called Ragnarok which allows you to perform a powerful Warp-strike attack. You'll also get a fishing rod and a reel which will make fish easier to catch.

The newest patch includes the addition of two songs from NieR: Automata to the Final Fantasy XV music player (which you can now listen to while riding chocobos), the addition of new timed quests, and an increased level cap up to 120 from 99. You can now also save up to 200 photos rather than the previous 150, and an increased framerate will be found on the new PlayStation 4 Pro Lite mode.

Finally, A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV, which was previously only available to those who pre-ordered the game, will be available to everyone for free from March 1. It's an action game with a retro feel, featuring a combo and counter fighting system that, according to Square Enix, "rewards fast reflexes and smart tactics."

Just getting it out there (even though I don't play it) that I just received an email about this just then. Interesting to see that the email is full of images, and I don't think that there is a plain text version of this same email.

hopefully its all ironed out once I get to the game in a year or two on my pro.
They had a rock solid 1080p 30fps mode but removed it for the uncapped framerate 1080p mode to try and get 60fps, but it seems to vary massively. Apparently the base PS4 and the Xbox One actually offer the most solid performance now.

They had a rock solid 1080p 30fps mode but removed it for the uncapped framerate 1080p mode to try and get 60fps, but it seems to vary massively. Apparently the base PS4 and the Xbox One actually offer the most solid performance now.

meaning since I have the pro I won't get such a solid performance, granted I don't get if there is a bit of lag in a game.

meaning since I have the pro I won't get such a solid performance, granted I don't get if there is a bit of lag in a game.
It really depends how much you notice it. The 4k mode plays alright, but there are frequent frame pacing issues which make the game feel like there is mixed performance, whereas the 1080p mode varies from ~40-55fps, some people prefer the higher frame rate vs. 30fps but others would rather have a frame rate which is locked and doesn't vary.

It really depends how much you notice it. The 4k mode plays alright, but there are frequent frame pacing issues which make the game feel like there is mixed performance, whereas the 1080p mode varies from ~40-55fps, some people prefer the higher frame rate vs. 30fps but others would rather have a frame rate which is locked and doesn't vary.

it's very unlikely that I will have a 4k tv by then (I might but who knows), so I'll be stuck at a crisp 1080p.

Back