Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The last Fire Emblem—which was amazing—was available in a single version. The next one, Fire Emblem if, is available in four (at least in Japan), and it’s both hilarious and horrifying to see it all written down in the one place.

Bear with me here. And note that everything I’m about to show you has been announced only for the Japanese version of the game.

Fire Emblem if, which features two warring factions, is going to be available in two boxed retail versions (above), each one playing through the game from one side’s perspective, with a different story and unique characters. If you buy one of these boxed versions and want to see how the other goes down, though, you can buy the other campaign as DLC at a discounted rate.

(Oh, and there’s a third campaign, included in neither boxed edition, that’s available only as DLC.)
There’ll also be a special edition made available, which bundles the light, dark and third campaign in a single purchase, along with other stuff like an art book (below).

But wait, there’s more! There will also be a single downloadable version of the game that lets you choose which faction you’ll fight for (the opening sections of both campaigns in all versions are identical, with the split happening later in the game; you can see it in the image below, with the divergence taking place at chapter “6”). Once this choice is made, it’s locked in.

Anyone buying this downloadable version can then of course also buy the DLC.
more here

trailer here

Damn, but I really don't want to buy two different versions though.

"Once this choice is made, it’s locked in."

^ BS if this is for NA. I thought I would have been able to play both sides for the replay value. Anyway,  I hope the DLC  isn't anything crazily priced, unless it offers a lot, and I mean a lot of content.  

Marc said:
"Once this choice is made, it’s locked in."

^ BS if this is for NA. I thought I would have been able to play both sides for the replay value. Anyway,  I hope the DLC  isn't anything crazily priced, unless it offers a lot, and I mean a lot of content.  
usually DLC be a joke, but Nintendo does a bit better with their DLC.

Appearently only about 1/6 of the game will be the same in both versions, so they won't be like Pokémon versions. They will be different games with only a few chapters in common. Both are supposed to contain as much content as Awakening, which is quite a lot.

I hope the DLC isn't as overpriced as Awakening's. The japanese prices are sensible, I hope they will be in the west too.

Back