Flight Simulations

erich

Full GL Member
Credits
Hey there,
Anyone play flight simulations? I am a huge flight simulation fan. I started out with MS 2004 years ago. When Microsoft Flight Sim X came out it was a huge break. I still play it today, but since the development discontinued I switched to Prepar3d, which is developed by Lockheed Martin. Recently, I bought X Plane 11 and it is just beautiful!

Here is one X Plane 11 video : unedited and straight out of the game

Never played one but I wouldn't mind using it for a bit.

The closest thing to a flight simulator I've played was some program in Google Earth. Though, I haven't done that in like 5 or 6 years.

Looks like a fun game. I played flying games on PC before, and they were pretty fun.

I still play Prepar3d because they have paid addons that make it a little more immersive. The one I use is called FSPassengers and you basically set up your own airline, carry passengers and cargo and get ratings based on your flight performance.

The closest thing to a flight simulator I've played was some program in Google Earth. Though, I haven't done that in like 5 or 6 years.
Haha, I've done that as well. Can't compare them to a proper flight sim unfortunately. Did try X Plane a while ago I think or something similar to it. Unfortunately my current laptop probably can't run it, might have to check because I love flight simulators

I've never played one.

I might play one for a bit, however, I'm afraid I'd get bored with it if there isn't a story line involved.

I've never played one.

I might play one for a bit, however, I'm afraid I'd get bored with it if there isn't a story line involved.

You make your own story with your ....imagination :p Actually addons help make a good story. I have one addon that I build my own airline from scratch. Super fun.

I've never played one.

There isn't a story with flight simulations. I think a few of them have missions where you have to do deliver stuff, or land whilst an engine is failing but those are the things that come closest to a story. Still pretty fun though :grin:

My dad used to be a pilot an as he's now retired he has on his two PC's the Flight Simulator, don't know which version but for what I have seen is the closest thing to flight a real aircraft, he told me that this is what people in training use to practice routes and emergency things. He has the controllers and devices so it looks even more real with all that lol

There's been a ton of simulation games recently. Farm simulator, flight simulator, goat simulator; I never really paid attention to them. If I wanted to play simulation games, I'd rather control entire cities like in Cities: Skylines, because I find controlling small areas like SIMS to be completely dull and dreadful after a few hours of playing.

Back