Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
flying-car-324x205.jpg

A Boston-area company plans to begin flight tests this year of a two-seater airplane that moonlights as a car.

The aptly named Transition takes a stab at bridging the gap between automobiles and airplanes. Some people call it a flying car. The company designing and selling the vehicle prefers the term "roadable aircraft."

Either way, it boils down to this: You sit down behind the steering wheel, drive to the runway, unfold two wings and take off. You can fly 500 miles on a tank of gas -- regular unleaded -- and when you land, you simply fold up the wings and drive where you want to go. At the end of the day, you fly back, drive home and park inside your garage.

source

and so it begins, also I call shot gun

Awesome, I am so getting a pilot's license then one of those Aerocars.

looks nice. I wonder if they make a float plane edition, so the plane can also land on water.

That is cool, I wonder if they make a helicopter version since not many people have an airport in their backyard.

QUOTE (Song of Solomon @ March 24, 2009 07:32 pm) Oh wow o_O Pretty cool but I'm sure it can't be economical ><
500 miles on a tank of regular unleaded isn't economical?
confused0007.gif

QUOTE (Xloce @ March 24, 2009 09:28 pm) QUOTE (Song of Solomon @ March 24, 2009 07:32 pm) Oh wow o_O  Pretty cool but I'm sure it can't be economical ><
500 miles on a tank of regular unleaded isn't economical?
confused0007.gif

The price of gas is slowly dropping, but how big is the tank since not every car or truck have the same tank size.

I think it can become economical if you use the car as a taxi service and charge people to fly in your carplane and drive people to their destination. It save the average person a bit of time. They would not have to take their luggage out of the plan then call a taxi.

The plane/car can drive to the persons house, and take off if there is a long stretch of road that is suitable for lift off, and then land at an airport, or suitable landing strip and drive the person to the destination.

Back