Switch For the Switch....?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
What games do you expect to see for the Switch? What games would you like to see? Do you think it's possible you'll see that game for the Switch?

I get this feeling that the Switch is a portal, for all their old games to be re-released on the Switch. I would like to see a HD remaster Paper mario collection.

I get this feeling that the Switch is a portal, for all their old games to be re-released on the Switch. I would like to see a HD remaster Paper mario collection.
I feel like the Wii U, DS, and 3DS were basically like that at first too.
I really feel like capitalism is making Nintendo sacrifice creativity for more money.
SEGA is quite interesting in this aspect, while ironically their main mascot (which appears to be Sonic) has games that are quite poor in terms of controls, but their music games for arcade are milk cows, but still revolutionary and fun.

For example, they released Ongeki recently, it's quite mind blowing considering it has 6 buttons on the spots you'd expect, plus 2 buttons on the sides (1 on each side), plus a handle that can only be pulled to the left or right.
It's a bigger milk cow than Chunithm and maimai together, but they managed to make it less painful.

100 yen for 1 section of 2 songs, or 200 yen for 1 section of 5 songs, I can live with that.
You have to level up every single character individually, you do this by playing, and takes quite a long time.
Plus it has a story line, which can only continue by playing songs.
But you also get customisations and skills adaptable to other music games in return.

Then Ongeki has a card maker, 100 yen to use it at all, plus another 100 yen if you want to have a shiny card, plus another 100 yen if you want to customise the card you want to print.
On the other hand, not printing a card means your character in-game can only level up to level 10 instead of 50 or 70, putting the cards in the slots while playing is way quicker than changing characters in-game, and it doubles as really cool collector item.

So it certainly is possible to be money hungry AND give cool things in return at the same time.

I would like to see a Luigi's Mansion game for the Switch (I still have my fingers crossed). Whether or not they'll do it is another story. If all they are going to do is port old games into it then there will be very few games, if any, that I will be getting. I figured they'd be trying to come out with new games instead of rehashing old ones.

I have a short wish list:

Pikmin 4 (announced ages ago)
Wind Waker HD port
TimeSplitters 4 (or whatever they call the next game)

I think these all have a realistic shot at making it to switch, especially the Wind Waker port, but Nintendo isn't always predictable.

Back