forum not keeping me logged in[Answered]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoldos

Lord
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I always like to use the "Remember Me" feature on forums so I can stay logged it. But lately, GF won't keep me logged in and every time I come back, I have to logon again.  Help please.

Seems to be working now.  I'll update the thread if I have any more issues. Thanks! :)

I have the same issue, but these answers won't solve my problem anyway.

Yes I save passwords and as far as I can tell all other forums I'm on it stays logged in....

zoldos said:
Yes I save passwords and as far as I can tell all other forums I'm on it stays logged in....
Strange that. It's normally a cookie issue. Has your browser updated recently? Sometimes something stupid like that causes such issues. Also if you have this place bookmarked, try removing it then re-adding it, I know this sounds like a waste of time but it really  could be something as annoying as that.

If I'm looking things over right, you have a dynamic IP meaning your IP address is changing making the board unable to keep you logged in. Are you doing something with your internet or logging in from different places?

Demon_Skeith said:
If I'm looking things over right, you have a dynamic IP meaning your IP address is changing making the board unable to keep you logged in. Are you doing something with your internet or logging in from different places?
Who, me?  I'm pretty sure I have a static IP (cable) and I always logon from the same PC/browser.

It's still doing it to me. It's not all the time; but, occasionally when I turn my computer off and/or clear the cookies, it logs me out.

Clearing cookies will do it as cookies are what the forum uses to keep you logged in....

Turning your PC off shouldn't do anything like that. Regarding the IP issue, every now and again your ISPs will switch your IP address, so that is a pain in the backside, but that still shouldn't stop the forum remembering you. Another thing that may do it is if you've run a system cleaner, totally forgot about mentioning that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back