Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Developer Electric Square released the game’s final patch on Monday, and the servers will be shutting down later this year.

Since Forza Street depends on its central servers to function, the game will be definitively dead once those servers go offline sometime this Spring. As such, the final patch serves to begin the process of taking the mobile game offline. The patch disables all in-game microtransactions, with Microsoft refunding any purchases made in the last 30 days. It also significantly discounts all purchases using in-game currency. Players will also find energy storage and recharge rates greatly increased while the patch significantly reduces Car Show wait times.

I remember playing Forza Street's mobile game. It was pretty fun for a mobile racing game.

It is too bad that it is shutting down.

Didn't even realise that this was a thing. Not a huge fan of these type of racing games though where the only thing you do is time you gear changes.

Didn't even realise that this was a thing. Not a huge fan of these type of racing games though where the only thing you do is time you gear changes.
So it's just like a drag race or a tractor pull? Geez it sounds interesting but just feels like a simulator of sorts.

This was also on PC if you got it from the Windows store. It probably would have survived a little longer if it were a free to play game on console. The same could be said for the F2P Need for Speed game. Great game, lacked because it was only on PC.

So it's just like a drag race or a tractor pull? Geez it sounds interesting but just feels like a simulator of sorts.
Yeah, it's basically a drag race where you have to time your launch and the gear changes. I haven't played this one but I have tried a similar one a while back

Not really surprising that a mobile game is shutting down these days...

I still say it would have survived if it went on console too.

I think Forza Street may of survive longer if it was also a web browser racing game which people can play without the need to install the game physically on a user's smartphone, tablet, or Windows 10 PC.

True, a mobile only for racing is a bad combo.

There are probably too many mobile racing games on Android and iOS, so it can be very difficult for Forza to have enough players for Microsoft to continue supporting it, and earning money from DLC, selling virtual gas refills, and in-game money.

The shorter battery life and overheating problems with smartphones may of made Forza Street less popular.

Maybe Forza Street would of survive longer if it had an open-world multiplayer mode which let people roam a racetrack, and challenge people to drag races, and track racing.

I felt the graphics of Forza Street may of been too hardware intensive, so people with cheaper and slower Android smartphones or Windows 10 PC are less likely to play Forza Street because it requires a better CPU and video chip to play smoothly on a phone or Windows 10 PC.

Maybe Forza Street would of survive longer if it had an open-world multiplayer mode which let people roam a racetrack, and challenge people to drag races, and track racing.

I felt the graphics of Forza Street may of been too hardware intensive, so people with cheaper and slower Android smartphones or Windows 10 PC are less likely to play Forza Street because it requires a better CPU and video chip to play smoothly on a phone or Windows 10 PC.
I feel like a game like that could do well on mobile, to be honest. For those gamers that don't have a PC or a games console, a game like Forza Horizon might be good for mobile gamers. Only issue is that most devices might not be good enough to run it.

I think there is a place for these types of games. They can be a lot of fun for people who enjoy the challenge of timing gear changes perfectly.

Back