FreakyForms: Your Creations, Alive! Review *spoilers*

Terra

Awards
Credits
FreakyForms is a good game. You are assisted in game by a CPU named Scout. Scout slowly "introduces" you to what to do. He tells you about features as they come, allowing you to learn easily and not be overwhelmed. Features for creating are Wing, Arm, Leg, Body, Head, Fin, Eye, Wheel, and others.

Body and Head to just that, but coustomized, they aren't body nor head. Body and Head serve as shapes to help in creating.

The game is great. For every five "formees," your planet grows, expanding to include an ocean and likely others. The game lets you customize colors, and makes it's best effort to make it easier.

However, there are complaints: Often i wish you wouldn't have to repeat exploring multiple times just to get a heart "charged" enough to make one formee. I wish there was a bar somewhere that showed you all of the pieces. If you make a piece and make it the same color as some other one, and make it small i can be difficult to find if you want to move it.

However, the rest of the game makes up for it. You can get more through QR Code, create your own, edit them, make scenery, and then play in it. Some features must be unlocked by playing the game for a long enough time.

The world is time-limited. After time is up, you crack eggs for coins, challenge packs, or formees for the catalogue. While you explore, you eat, lay eggs to collect, lay trash to.. trash, bash bricks to get coins, and do quests for other formees found in the game world. Scout doesn't get annoying, and his suggestions can be genuinely helpful.

FreakyForms doesn't need a quest. As you unlock more forms to create more and more complex formees, the possibilities can be endless. I created a Bob-Omb. I didn't have everything the game has to offer. I improvised. And it still looked close to the real thing. (well, when it's not moving anyway). The 3D doesn't add much to the game, but it does add a nice touch.

My score:

Graphics: 7/10
Sound: 8/10
Gameplay: 9.5/10
Total: 8/10

So, aside from making interesting creatures, is there anything fun to do?

That's not to say that that alone isn't cool, but is this kinda like Spore?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering this too...I'm intrigued by the game, but the major critics are all over the map with it. I'd like to know if it's worth the $7 or if, despite the ability to create wacky creatures, it gets boring quickly.

Eh, it's alright. Basically all you do is walk your formee around and help other formee's to unlock stuff. Gets boring pretty fast imo.

Back