freedom of speech: A rant on how it's not as extensive as we think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's kinda like how furries tend to have this mentality that they are being abused by trolls like they were the jews from the holoacaust and they don't like being put down for there "culture" nobody is "born" a furry.

Jew is another word that is a really odd one. It tends to not offend most people but some people are offended by it and I have no idea why.

well, you've obviously heard of the holocaust. Maybe that seems like it was a long time ago, but things really haven't changed as much as it might seem. Anti-Semitism is still a very real thing; just look at youtube comments.

South Park made it into a joke, and while comedy can be pretty sophisticated at dealing with issues like this, I think there's a certain segment of their audience that doesn't quite get it. It's become a playground insult thrown around by kids with no real understanding of the significance.

As for furries, well that's a phenomenon I found quite amusing and a bit pathetic when I became aware of it, but I don't see any real harm in what they're doing for the most part. As objects of derision I think they're kind of a soft target, and I'm more impressed when establishment rather than fringe stuff is successfully mocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have really nothing else to say. Thanks for taking this topic seriously guys.

Mods you can lock it now. It be cool if people could look at it later though. Maybe have an archived section?

I think the majority of us appreciate a well thought-out discussion/debate. This may be a Nintendo forum, but the scope of our threads can be rather broad.

That being said, locking this on request. Not sure about archiving the thread but, short of pinning it, it should be around for viewing for quite some time should anyone search for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back