Multi FRONT MISSION 1st: Remake, FRONT MISSION 2: Remake And FRONT MISSION 3: Remake

Front Mission 1st Remake is getting a hefty patch:

Here are the full patch notes:

Additions

- "Battle speed" option
- Statistics comparison before combat
- Alternate route seeking by the AI when the target cell is occupied by an ally (only in Modern Mode)
- DPAD navigation in scenario map tile by tile
- Direct attack on enemies by selecting the red square on the scenario map
- Save panel after the campaign is completed (no autosave deletion)
- Death animation on the arena when BODY is destroyed
- A "thank you" sound after a purchase in a shop.
- Minigun animation when firing

Improvements

- Katakana and hiragana characters are now available when entering name
- More seamless transition from the map to combat.
- Improved Wanzer jumping animation
- CHAFF is constantly hitting, and the defender does not perform guard animation.
- Better music looping
- Music is paused before combat and resumed after combat
- When attacking "only body" machines, the DUEL and GUIDE skills do not appear
- Changed "open command menu" from Y to B button.
- Improved the workshop's ambient sounds
- Player now returns to enemy selection after combat in the arena
- Localization tweaks

Fixes

- Incorrect MISS and GUARD text position on the arena when attacking from afar
- Bug with the GUARD value when equipped with a missile launcher
- USN 10 scenario bug (cannot complete the mission if all enemies are killed before the third turn)
- Sorting bug in the workshop (wrong item purchased after sorting)
- Enemies no longer try to attack with destroyed arms
- Enemies will now attack with only one arm destroyed
- DOUBLE and SWITCH skills sometimes softlocking the game
- Shop setup bug (a grip weapon was not added to the stash after purchasing an arm with an internal weapon)
- Bug when rockets or bullets pass through the ground
- When using an ACID item, the shoulder weapon and shield were not affected
- Bug with incorrect shoulder weapon type in setup after shield mounting
- Other minor bugs

Front Mission 2 Remake release date trailer. Looks good! can't wait for the third game remake!

A classic tactical RPG returns! The second game in the main Front Mission storyline is finally available outside of Japan for the first time.

FRONT MISSION 2: Remake preserves the mature story, strategic turn-based combat, and Wanzer customization options of the original. Enjoy the revitalized classic with updated visuals and new features and enhancements!

12 years have passed since the second Huffman conflict. The impoverished People’s Republic of Alordesh has been suffering a severe economic decline ever since the war ended. In June 2102, soldiers of the Alordesh Army rise up and, led by Ven Mackarage, declare independence from the O.C.U. (Oceania Cooperative Union).

Ash, an O.C.U. soldier, manages to survive the ensuing battle, but Alordesh is completely overrun by the Revolutionary Army. Ash and his surviving teammates infiltrate Alordesh’s chaotic underground in an attempt to escape the country. However, they soon discover that there is a huge conspiracy behind the coup.

In FRONT MISSION 2, the perspective switches between three characters: Ash, Lisa, and Thomas, creating a worldview that goes beyond a simple dichotomy between good and evil.

Key Features

• Improved loading speed.
  • Support for many new languages.
  • New “free camera” option to zoom in during gameplay and check out Wanzers in detail.
  • New coloring and camouflage options.
  • Modern in-game effects.
  • Renewed soundtrack.

Dev Artist interview by microids:

Can you tell us a little about your academic and professional background?

I am a French graphic designer by training, based in Tokyo, Japan. I started my carrer 25 years ago in France as a junior graphic designer where I worked on a wide range of projects, including brand identity, album covers for international artists,

Advergame and interfaces design for softwares and web application. I then moved to work as a freelancer, where I had the opportunity to work on high-profile projects with large PR Firm as an outsourcing Designer / Art Director. The last 15 years, I refocused my work primarily on video game related projects, and now working exclusively in partnership with the Forever Entertainment group.
Front Mission is an iconic RPG series. How did you approach your work on such a remake? With serenity or a little anxiety?

I surely approached the project with some anxiety, Front Mission on top of being and iconic SRPG game in the mecha genre, is also a multimedia franchise that span throughout multiple game episodes to Model Kits and mangas.

The most important part of the project preparation, was to gather as much as possible side-materials from the series, to help shape the remake. My geographical position in Japan, was a great help to dig some old materials, documents and related merchandising.
What exactly did your work consist of?

As quickly mentioned in the previous answers, my main task in the project, was to ensure that the team working on the game had access to enough materials and references, to be able to translate the original game from 2D to 3D, and maintain consistency.

With another collaborator, also based in Asia, we ensured that technicals elements and lore were respected. I also played a role in the Art Direction of the originals Yoshitaka Amano portrait HD redraws, the recreation of all the original motion designs footages, logo remake and co-worked on the GUI design for the game.
Was your work based more on the original game or its first remake released in 2007?

From an artistic perspective, there is not much difference between the original version of the game released in 1995 on the Super Famicom and the Nintendo DS remake from 2007. So I will say it is based on both of them, as we incorporated, from a gameplay and content perspective, the new campaign and gameplay additions from the NDS version. We also mixed some GUI design concepts from both versions to better suite the 16/9 screen, of the Nintendo Switch.

Did you work in collaboration with SQEX and more particularly with Yoshitaka Amano who worked on the first episode?

All along the project, we worked in tight collaboration with SQEX, but not directly with Yoshitaka Amano. I imagine that SQEX may have consulted him on the subject of the portraits illustrations redraws, but our character portraits remakes and all other artistic materials were vetted directly by SQEX team.

What is your typical day on this kind of project?

My typical day on this kind of game remake projects, starts by one hour of research and reviews of materials from the original game. I then check our project management and internal team chat applications for any question or task to be resolved, then attends any technical or artistic meetings planned. I pursue my day by working on producing reference, technical, and feedback documents and designing graphic and motion design assets necessary for the project.
Do you have any anecdotes about these projects?

As it is often the case with older game, it is difficult to have access to all the original technicals and artistic ressources materials.

For Front Mission I had to rummages, second-hand stores in Japan and online auctions to find some original guidebooks / Art book, model kits and toys to have the best reference ressources to provide to the team. Some of the items I had to collected, depending on their rarity, can become quickly pricey

New Front Mission 2 Remake trailer:

Front Mission 2 Remake is delayed:

As the premiere date for FRONT MISSION 2: Remake approaches, we have made the decision to postpone the release of the game on Nintendo Switch. This decision was not taken lightly, but in collaboration with the development team, we want to ensure that we have sufficient time to add as many functionalities as possible while proceeding with proper implementation and tests, in order to meet your expectations for a modern-day remake.

We understand the anticipation surrounding FRONT MISSION 2: Remake and the excitement you have shown throughout its development. Please rest assured that we are fully committed to delivering a polished and faithful remake of your beloved franchise.

While we are currently unable to provide a specific revised premiere date, we assure you that we are working tirelessly to complete the project as soon as possible, with the aim of releasing the game in the third quarter of this year.

Please stay updated on any development news by following our channels, including our social media profiles and Discord server.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

game is coming to PC, PS4,PS5, Xbox one, XseX, Xone s

Front Mission 2 remake new trailer:

Front Mission 2 remake Launch trailer:

Now bring on the third game waifu Emma's PLOT remake ! lol

Front Mission 2 just received a big patch:

Front Mission 2: Remake Ver. 1.0.4 (22nd Nov, 2023)​

- Changed scale for some units
- Skill trigger fixes
- Improved battle UI placement and overall UI improvements
- Difficulty rebalance
- Added information about build-in weapons in the garage and shop
- Fixed in-game cutscenes for 26th, 27th and 30th stage
- Changed mechanic units' behavior
- Localization improvements
- Fixed Raven fight and fight results bug
- Fixed missile explosion position
- Fixed UI bugs in Colosseum
- Added missing SFX and music
- Fixed issues with weapons and computers that couldn't be acquired through surrender
- Fixed issue with VFX scaling during quick battle

Still no new news on Front Mission 3 Remake, Dang. when are they going to show the trailer.

Saw the old Classic Front Mission 3 PSX trailer,

dang they need to show a trailer for the third game remake already!

Wonder if they are going to make Emma like her design in FM5 or keeping her looks like in the classic Front Mission 3 game:
PHu4nlp.jpg

Front Mission 2 Remake PC and other platforms trailer:

and still no trailer on Front Mission 3 Remake Dang!

Back