Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
North American anime distributor FUNimation Entertainment launched its Kickstarter campaign on Saturday to gauge interest in and fund a new English dub for The Vision of Escaflowne anime series. FUNimation plans to release the director's cut of the series in HD on Blu-ray Disc, including scenes that were not available when Bandai Entertainment's original English dub was released.

The campaign reveals that if successful, Funimation will also make a new matching dub for Escaflowne: The Movie.

The Kickstarter campaign has a goal of US$150,000 and has raised US$63,846 thus far.

Soooo, this anime any good to be worth this? I've never seen it.

I once asked someone what it is and he said "imagine 10 animes with different genres, now mix them and it becomes Escaflowne".

It has a high rating on MAL, but I dislike the oldschool graphic. This is why they are kickstarting it, they don't want to risk a penny for an old anime. They are using Kickstarter to earn money from the fundings and the dub.

I once asked someone what it is and he said "imagine 10 animes with different genres, now mix them and it becomes Escaflowne".

It has a high rating on MAL, but I dislike the oldschool graphic. This is why they are kickstarting it, they don't want to risk a penny for an old anime. They are using Kickstarter to earn money from the fundings and the dub.

I can look past the old style if its good enough, which this anime has to be because it smashed the funding goal in three days. At this point they should suspend donations or plan on releasing this very cheaply.

Back