Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
NBCUniversal has decided to take G4 off the air for good.

According to a statement that NBCUniversal Cable sent to the remaining providers still carrying the G4 channel, the company announced that the network will come to an end on November 30. In 2013, there was talk that NBCUniversal would rebrand G4 as the Esquire network, but ended up launching it on Style, instead.

Even though the replacement fell through, NBCUniversal ceased further investments in the network and decided that G4 would not air any new programs, only re-runs of shows like LOST, X-Play, and Ninja Warrior, along with the occasional movie.

G4 debuted in 2002 and was known for its original gaming shows, such as Attack of the Show!, X-Play, and Cheat!
source

Really a shame, G4 was what got me into forums thanks to the Cheat! program.

That is a shame. I used to watch that Network a lot when I first discovered it. It was very informative, and the hosts for many of their shows were entertaining. I guess I shouldn't say many shows. I only remember a few that I kept up with. X-Play was one of them for sure, but I can't remember the others, at least by title. It was a good station nonetheless. Sad to see it go. 

DearSweetAru said:
That is a shame. I used to watch that Network a lot when I first discovered it. It was very informative, and the hosts for many of their shows were entertaining. I guess I shouldn't say many shows. I only remember a few that I kept up with. X-Play was one of them for sure, but I can't remember the others, at least by title. It was a good station nonetheless. Sad to see it go. 
the biggest three for gaming was X-play, Cheat! and Attack on the Show.

Yeah those were the main ones. I think I mainly watched X-Play, and Attack of the Show. Cheat! I know I watched, just not as often. Filter was another one, but I don't think it was on long. 

I think I found it shortly before it was just those three shows since it wasn't long before that was about all they were showing, but they had a good little setup before hand. It was pretty cool when they featured certain conventions. 

Back