Multi Game Freak developing brand-new action-adventure IP (2026)

benoit489

Assistant Regional Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Regardless of how buggy Pokemon is now, this new thing will never beat it and will always be under its shadow.

Pokemon is simple enough for a lot of people to be into it. And a vast majority of them are multiplayer experiences. Graphics tend to not matter. Yes, they also made some other titles in the past, including an indie on Switch BUT you probably never heard of it because it's not with steamrolling popularity a game you and your parents might have played now.

Pokemon is simple enough for a lot of people to be into it. And a vast majority of them are multiplayer experiences. Graphics tend to not matter. Yes, they also made some other titles in the past, including an indie on Switch BUT you probably never heard of it because it's not with steamrolling popularity a game you and your parents might have played now.
It’s not like they’re making a Pokémon alternative. This is like putting down the next Mario game before it’s out because Zelda is popular.

New IP on the way from GameFreak, being published by Private Division, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.

Details are scarce at the moment with only a singular piece of concept art being shared.

Is this why the Pokémon games are languishing?
Only if they can be able to truly see it to being completed and release. It's not been happening for them lately.

It’s not like they’re making a Pokémon alternative. This is like putting down the next Mario game before it’s out because Zelda is popular.
Neither Mario nor Zelda has been solely multiplayer, but I will continue to wonder about why they made games in the past that wasn't Pokemon that weren't as popular. How good was Harmoknight? Actually, I get it now. They are trying to change the look and gameplay so it isn't the next Little Town Hero or Harmoknight. Guess we'll have to see.

Neither Mario nor Zelda has been solely multiplayer, but I will continue to wonder about why they made games in the past that wasn't Pokemon that weren't as popular. How good was Harmoknight? Actually, I get it now. They are trying to change the look and gameplay so it isn't the next Little Town Hero or Harmoknight. Guess we'll have to see.
Yeah, only time will tell what's eventually going to be the reality with their game.

Back