Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The TV series is almost over, but the series is far from done.

Each of the writers is exploring various time periods set in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire universe, with HBO making decisions about which will get picked up to series once the scripts are delivered. The screenwriters for the different potential projects are Max Borenstein (Godzilla, Kong: Skull Island); Jane Goldman (Kingsman: The Secret Service) and George R.R. Martin; Brian Helgeland (LA: Confidential, Robin Hood); and Carly Wray (Mad Men, The Leftovers) and George R.R. Martin.

I'd be down for them to venture into somewhat unknown territory. Westeros and the surrounding area has a rich history that is only touched upon lightly in the books.

That's interesting. I've actually still never watched GoT, though. Like it sounds like something I would enjoy, but I've heard there's so much nudity and it kills my whole drive to watch it.

I'm so happy! The series ending in Season 8 was just going to be too awful but hearing this makes the pain a bit less. Problem is this is going to take years, doubt they will release it soon after the end.

I'm not too sure I could live 2 years without Game of Thrones to be honest

Milking the franchise for all the money they could get, eh? Well, a prequel show about the Baratheon rebellion, or the origins of the story in a nutshell, would be great. The casting choices would make or break the new show though, since established characters like Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon would have fan backlash if their younger actors wouldn't resemble the original actors. The Targaryen domination is also a good idea, and how they managed to take over everywhere with dragons would be an awesome sight.

Milking the franchise for all the money they could get, eh? Well, a prequel show about the Baratheon rebellion, or the origins of the story in a nutshell, would be great. The casting choices would make or break the new show though, since established characters like Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon would have fan backlash if their younger actors wouldn't resemble the original actors. The Targaryen domination is also a good idea, and how they managed to take over everywhere with dragons would be an awesome sight.

even if they are milking it, GoT world has a lot to offer for good media viewing.

even if they are milking it, GoT world has a lot to offer for good media viewing.
As long as it's canon though. Right now a lot of things in the show has strayed far away from the events in the books, even so far as to overtake the actual events and create their own paths. If it's not canon, or at least have GRRM's blessing or opinion on the story, then I wouldn't watch it. It's going to be basically a different tv show with a Game of Thrones theme, just to hook in the fans of the series.

As long as it's canon though. Right now a lot of things in the show has strayed far away from the events in the books, even so far as to overtake the actual events and create their own paths. If it's not canon, or at least have GRRM's blessing or opinion on the story, then I wouldn't watch it. It's going to be basically a different tv show with a Game of Thrones theme, just to hook in the fans of the series.

I've been enjoying everything. Martin only has himself to blame for dragging on the books.

I've been enjoying everything. Martin only has himself to blame for dragging on the books.
I heard he complained when JK Rowling got her big break for the Harry Potter books and films back in the early 2000s. I think he mentioned it's not fair that her work got more attention than his. Now it's nearly 20 years later and he still hasn't finished the stories. I don't get why he got angry though; his books were more for young adults/mature audiences, while Harry Potter was more inclined with kids and teens, so it got more visibility.

I heard he complained when JK Rowling got her big break for the Harry Potter books and films back in the early 2000s. I think he mentioned it's not fair that her work got more attention than his. Now it's nearly 20 years later and he still hasn't finished the stories. I don't get why he got angry though; his books were more for young adults/mature audiences, while Harry Potter was more inclined with kids and teens, so it got more visibility.

he was merely jealous.

Wow didn't know this, how salty can he be? He needs to finish this series before old age gets the better of him.

Back