Games which are good for Android smartphones with 512MB RAM and slower CPU?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Tetris, Pong, Snakes, Candy crush saga, Jetpack Joyride, Mindcraft and most 2D games should work well on Android smartphones and tablets with 512MB of RAM, and a slower CPU.

There are some 3D games like Asphalt 7, Fifa 15, Real Racing 3, Six Guns which work on older smartphones with less RAM and a slower CPU.

personally I only want games that won't over heat my phone.

personally I only want games that won't over heat my phone.

I think simple turn-based 2D games like checkers, chess, and solitaire will not overheat most phones.

But, fast pace 2D games like racing games, older street fighter games, and side scrolling games like Mario may cause heating problems because the game graphics are always moving, and reacting to your joystick and button commands in realtime. A lot of these more advance faster pace 2D games may also use HD graphics which look good on a 720P or better smartphone.

I wouldn't call some of the games "good enough" for 512mb ram and slow CPU. Maybe you'll have a bit of luck running it on a good CPU with 512mb of ram and even that's a blessing by itself. Some of these high-end games would technically "work" in theory, but that doesn't mean it would be smooth. You'll probably get a lot of hiccups and lags here and there. Arcane Legends is a pretty decent game for 512mb and slow processor phones, it has decent cartoonish graphics so it doesn't try to be as detailed as Order and Chaos online which makes it easier to process.

I wouldn't call some of the games "good enough" for 512mb ram and slow CPU. Maybe you'll have a bit of luck running it on a good CPU with 512mb of ram and even that's a blessing by itself. Some of these high-end games would technically "work" in theory, but that doesn't mean it would be smooth. You'll probably get a lot of hiccups and lags here and there. Arcane Legends is a pretty decent game for 512mb and slow processor phones, it has decent cartoonish graphics so it doesn't try to be as detailed as Order and Chaos online which makes it easier to process.

I think if the phone has a decent video chip like a Nvidia Tegra 3, Mali-400, it may run some older 3D mobile games at a good video quality, and frame rate.

I remember back in the past, a PC with 256MB of RAM, ATI or Nvidia, 32MB video card, and a 1 GHz CPU can run 3D games like Doom, Quake 3, and Need for Speed 2, etc on Windows 98.

Back when I first got my crappy android phone I recall getting Tyrian 2000 to work pretty well - it was super hard though, even with the bluetooth keyboard I connected to it (mostly because I'm not used to mini-keyboards like that), so I'd still go with the PC version personally, but just putting that out there anyway.

Back when I first got my crappy android phone I recall getting Tyrian 2000 to work pretty well - it was super hard though, even with the bluetooth keyboard I connected to it (mostly because I'm not used to mini-keyboards like that), so I'd still go with the PC version personally, but just putting that out there anyway.

Those mini keyboards are pretty hard to use especially if the buttons are too small, or not well designed.

I think if you use a custom Android ROM which does not come with Google Play services, and other Google apps like YouTube, Google Now, and Google Play, etc some Android apps and games may work faster because Google Play Services and other Google Apps can use a lot of RAM.

Back