Games you regret not having played before the hype subsided

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Are there any games that were pretty popular once, but you didn't play them while their community was still big, and now you kind of regret not having played them before their hype subsided?

I kind of feel that way about StarCraft II. :(

I mostly play single player games, so it mostly doesn’t affect me. The only game I played post-hype online was Dead or Alive 5, and it was painful trying to find an online match for that.

I think it was princess code for 3DS? I wanted to play it but you needed online players which from what I found was dead as a grave yard.

I play games I like. Whether they are games that are big in the gaming community doesn't really matter to me. I play games that I, personally, find entertaining.

I don't think I have ever regretted stuff like that.

As long as you play stuff... That's all that matters but to be honest, I thought of picking up Pokemon go at first but now no one talks about it... Around where I live

I prefer to play games after the "hype" has died down - usually if you wait the games are cheaper and if you ever need any help there's much more information out there to assist you. I guess it depends on what type of game you're into though - a lot of games that are online multiplayer are definitely more active closer to their release. Granted...there's a few out there that have remained popular despite their age!

Not really, considering I try to not to pay more than $25-$30 for a "new" game. Just got Black Ops 4 PC for $22 so am really getting into that, hype or not. hehehe

Back