Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
GameSalad Inc. announced today that its GameSalad Creator game creation platform has entered closed beta testing on Windows. Previously, GameSalad Creator was only available on iOS, Android and HTML5. Gamers can sign up for the GameSalad Windows beta now.

GameSalad Creator is a game development platform that allows users to design, publish and distribute a video game without ever touching a line of code. The basic tool can be downloaded for free. A $299 Pro upgrade allows users to implement features like Game Center and iAds on iOS, as well as other special features on other platforms.
GameSalad reports that 60,000 original titles have been created with the GameSalad Creator since its debut in 2009. Notable games powered by GameSalad include Hobo with a Shotgun the Game from Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas and Gravonaut from Nexus Game Studio.

“Since we launched at SXSW in 2009, GameSalad has witnessed incredible growth,”GameSalad CEO Steve Felter said in a statement. “Initially, we introduced GameSalad Creator to Mac users, empowering them to easily create and publish iPhone and iPad games without the need to code. We’ve since added publishing to Android and HTML5 platforms, making cross-platform development as simple as clicking a button. Today, we answer the requests of thousands of game developers who’ve asked us to bring this remarkable platform to Windows users.”

source

Hmm is this a tool that anyone can use to create easy games or does it still require complex knowledge :p

I think this tool does not require you to memorize and write codes to make the game work, but you still need to learn how to use the visual editor, and all the settings in the Visual editor according to videos I saw online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1pWwW6zvMk

I think it depends on your graphic design skills since you still need to make your own graphics for the game. My best guest is most games will look like Angry Birds, Flash Games, and most 2D and simple 3D games like Doom 1.

I think it depends on your graphic design skills since you still need to make your own graphics for the game. My best guest is most games will look like Angry Birds, Flash Games, and most 2D and simple 3D games like Doom 1.

Oh well.. so I'm guessing nothing epic like a full-fledged FPS. >.

Oh well.. so I'm guessing nothing epic like a full-fledged FPS. >.<

Indeed, most likely it would be difficult to create a full fledge FPS, but maybe some very smart Game Salad user can create an epic FPS game in the future, but I doubt many users who use this software will use it for creating an Epic 3D games since making Epic games require a lot of skills, and time even if the editor is visual based.

Indeed, most likely it would be difficult to create a full fledge FPS, but maybe some very smart Game Salad user can create an epic FPS game in the future, but I doubt many users who use this software will use it for creating an Epic 3D games since making Epic games require a lot of skills, and time even if the editor is visual based.

Yea I guess I was expecting way too much :p Still, I might give this a try to create some simple fun games :3 I think a simple RTS game could do?

Back