Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
If you happened to have paid for an order via Gamestop.com's website, then you may want to read the following statement:

At GameStop, the security of our customers’ payment card data remains a top priority. GameStop recently received notification from a third party that it believed payment card data from cards used on the GameStop.com website was being offered for sale on a website. That day a leading security firm was engaged to investigate these claims. GameStop has and will continue to work non-stop to address this report and take appropriate measures to eradicate any issue that may be identified.

We regret any concern this situation may cause for our customers. GameStop would like to remind its customers that it is always advisable to monitor payment card account statements for unauthorized charges. If you identify such a charge, report it immediately to the bank that issued the card because payment card network rules generally state that cardholders are not responsible for unauthorized charges that are timely reported.

Keep an eye on your credit cards, always.

Oh snap! Well, I haven't bought anything from them in ages. I also heard they were going to close a lot of stores due to poor performance.

This stinks for people who use a regular credit card to buy games on Gamestop. I think using Giftcards, or a pre-paid credit card with a low balance like $80 on it is safer for shopping websites where their security maybe not as strong as Paypal which hires more computer security workers to secure their data.

Not surprised, someone hijacked my account late last year and redeemed all the points I had earned for some $10 gift certificates. I called their help line to let them know and they took care of it, but they told me to be careful with my account and password. I hadn't bought a game online from them since 2011, so I'm pretty sure they were hacked but didn't want to admit it.

Not surprised, someone hijacked my account late last year and redeemed all the points I had earned for some $10 gift certificates. I called their help line to let them know and they took care of it, but they told me to be careful with my account and password. I hadn't bought a game online from them since 2011, so I'm pretty sure they were hacked but didn't want to admit it.

same thing happened to me a few years ago. I sent something to their help desk and didn't hear anything back and so I bitched on facebook and the people on their FB refunded me the points, and then a week later I got a refund from their help desk as well. So because I was hacked I ended up with double the points back :grin:

same thing happened to me a few years ago. I sent something to their help desk and didn't hear anything back and so I bitched on facebook and the people on their FB refunded me the points, and then a week later I got a refund from their help desk as well. So because I was hacked I ended up with double the points back :grin:
Nice! The person who hacked me was able to get around 30,000 points in rewards even though I only had 10,000 points available. They obviously knew what they were doing.

how did they get 20k extra?
Must be an exploit. That's why I'm assuming this isn't just some random occurance where somebody found my login credentials but a focused hacking attempt aimed directly at exploiting GameStop's weak points.

Must be an exploit. That's why I'm assuming this isn't just some random occurance where somebody found my login credentials but a focused hacking attempt aimed directly at exploiting GameStop's weak points.

Wish I knew of the exploit, but now I use a password that you have to copy and paste in since its so long/complicated.

It could also be cracking attempts if you used a weak password or passwords you used on other sites that have been hacked.

Back