Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
In a financial report to its investors, GameStop criticized publishers and claimed that its sales were low due to not many AAA games being for sale. The report, which states that the company still managed to make a profit in 2022, also stated that sales were down by 1.4% when compared to the previous year. According to the report, games are taking longer to come out recently due to longer development cycles, which has a direct impact on sales. So, the company is restructuring, which includes GameStop laying off employees to cut costs.

The report also took some time to blame publishers for the crisis, stating that the business needs developers to put out games and hardware quickly enough to meet customer demand in order to work well. GameSpot also complained to investors that a few companies that were known for releasing multi-platform titles were acquired by console manufacturers recently, which could lead to new games being available in a more limited capacity soon. It seems clear that the company is talking about Microsoft’s recent acquisition of Bethesda, for instance, and will keep the upcoming Starfield only for PC and Xbox.

Source

I stopped by mine last weekend and a lot of its shelves were empty.

I think the lack of new hardware like the PS5 Pro may also be causing Gamestop sales to be down.

I can see that being a problem. I’ve also mentioned this before, but they have too many stores in close proximity. Is it necessary for some malls have 2 GameStops or two stores to be across the street from each other?

They also spread out their inventory between all of these stores. “Sorry, we don’t have it, but if you go across the street, they have it”.

I can see that being a problem. I’ve also mentioned this before, but they have too many stores in close proximity. Is it necessary for some malls have 2 GameStops or two stores to be across the street from each other?

They also spread out their inventory between all of these stores. “Sorry, we don’t have it, but if you go across the street, they have it”.
Yeah, I know of a city that has 2 Gamestops in it. Maybe putting a limit on that would be a good idea. No one likes to drive to nearby stores for physical copies of games they can get online from their site.

Yeah, I know of a city that has 2 Gamestops in it. Maybe putting a limit on that would be a good idea. No one likes to drive to nearby stores for physical copies of games they can get online from their site.
I don’t think it’s wrong for cities to have two or more, especially the larger they get, but the close proximity with the sheer amount of stores gets silly.

I lived in a city that had about 6 stores all a couple of miles away from each other, and I don’t think that was all of them. Those were just the ones I knew existed.

I think GameStop's sales are down because they charge too much even for their used games and plus videogames are getting their games at other stores or even digital copies of games instead of physical copies for less.

I think GameStop's sales are down because they charge too much even for their used games and plus videogames are getting their games at other stores or even digital copies of games instead of physical copies for less.

They actually have some decent prices on their used games. My local store wanted $60 for the PS5 ratchet and clank game, but gamestop only wanted like $30.

Back