Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So does anyone here believe in ghosts? Have you had an encounter with one?

I do believe in Ghosts, yes. I remember once quite a while back now in 2004 when I was living in my first house we had a lot of weird things happening such as my then partner would see shadows on the wall near the stairs that looked like me but when he checked I was still sleeping or my son who was only a baby would stare at things that were not there as if he could see something. I remember at one point we had a door slam for no possible reason as there was no draft or anything and I also had a night where I could hear a little girl crying for her mother but no one else could hear it and then a few nights later my then partner could hear it and I couldn't. It was a very strange house with a lot of spooky happenings. It was not long after all that happened to me that down the road a few doors down from me there was poltergeist activity and I witnessed a woman being dragged from her house (could see she was being dragged by her hair) and there was things being smashed inside whilst her son was still inside. She moved out and the house was boarded up and never lived in again.

Wow. That's crazy.

I can't say that I believe in ghosts. I've never had anything happen to me that I couldn't explain.

I do believe in Ghosts, yes. I remember once quite a while back now in 2004 when I was living in my first house we had a lot of weird things happening such as my then partner would see shadows on the wall near the stairs that looked like me but when he checked I was still sleeping or my son who was only a baby would stare at things that were not there as if he could see something. I remember at one point we had a door slam for no possible reason as there was no draft or anything and I also had a night where I could hear a little girl crying for her mother but no one else could hear it and then a few nights later my then partner could hear it and I couldn't. It was a very strange house with a lot of spooky happenings. It was not long after all that happened to me that down the road a few doors down from me there was poltergeist activity and I witnessed a woman being dragged from her house (could see she was being dragged by her hair) and there was things being smashed inside whilst her son was still inside. She moved out and the house was boarded up and never lived in again.

shit, so the whole neighborhood was haunted? Did you stay long in that house?

shit, so the whole neighborhood was haunted? Did you stay long in that house?

No we didn't, it was not too long after that we moved away from there and from what I understand now they pulled those houses down and rebuilt. Whether or not that would have got rid of any kind of spirits I do not know but I was glad to be away from there after that.

No we didn't, it was not too long after that we moved away from there and from what I understand now they pulled those houses down and rebuilt. Whether or not that would have got rid of any kind of spirits I do not know but I was glad to be away from there after that.

usually spirits attack construction as well, so maybe a priest went and purified the area.

I don't believe in ghosts. Actually, I don't believe in anything. I'm an Atheist. :grin:

How do you know we have souls? How do you know we aren't just a pile guts and blood? :grin:

Yes, human emotion is fascinating. But you can't prove to me that anything actually exists beyond thought and perception. Perhaps I am straying off topic here?

We do seem to have souls, as I've found my twin soul and we share a connection far deeper than even I can fathom....

I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in evil spirits that try to pretend to be the souls of the dead. Those are called demons and try to trick the living into sinning by pretending to be the souls of their relatives who have passed away.

But why would the "evil spirits" do that? What is gained if they make someone sin? That only has meaning if you believe in God, which I don't.....

Well, see, there's your problem. Maybe you should reconsider that. Why don't you believe in God?
I can find no evidence of a "supreme being". I am a man of science. I believe in things that can be proven. I also don't believe in physical reality.

I believe in them but I haven't had an encounter. Some of my friends have though. I think it might be cool to experience it. I'm not sure though.

Back