Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from tweaktown:

Fandom, the Wikipedia of the nerd world, purchased popular games media sites Giant Bomb and GameSpot from Red Ventures in October of last year. Back then we reported that no one was losing the jobs, and that was technically true at the time. But that isn't the case now.

Now three months later, workers from both Giant Bomb and GameSpot have been let go. The layoffs include writers as well as graphic designers and video producers that were responsible for actual shows, with many saying that the separations were a complete surprise. Games media veterans have banded together to help find roles for those affected. Some like IGN's Kat Bailey, who previously ran US Gamer before it was shut down, notes that GameSpot in particular has great traffic and consistently strong views on its video content.

Gamespot too? Damn. That's crazy. I actually like Gamespot. Even though they're pretty much news aggregators, they weren't as obnoxious as Kotaku and Polygon with their editorial pieces

Well, I'm not surprised by this happening and I see more companies taking the same process.

True, it's getting a lot frightening. COVID was said to kill millions of people, instead of more jobs to be available, workers are being let off.

Firms are looking at how they can create more profits for the company. That is where the bigger challenge is coming from.

Firms are looking at how they can create more profits for the company. That is where the bigger challenge is coming from.
To be very honest with you, I don't really understand what's going on now with all of them. I hope that all of these stop soon.

Back