Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
As described here by my ISP Mediacom, they have a plan to bring Gigabit internet to anyone with their service in the next few years over a DOCSIS 3.1 network.

With this kind of connection a person can download a large HD movie (say 10-20 GB) in ten minutes or less at full speed.

Not sure what this would cost me, but it finally make downloading games a plus instead of a pain.

This does sound like a nice connection speed. But, I read online that people who order fast connections from an ISP sometimes don't get the advertise speed, and they said they got ripped off.

I think it would be best to read a few reviews before upgrading your speed since you could be paying more, and not getting the advertised speed.

If it cost many hundreds dollars a month, it probably be more worth it to pay for a slower cheaper connection, and buy physical games, and movies.

This does sound like a nice connection speed. But, I read online that people who order fast connections from an ISP sometimes don't get the advertise speed, and they said they got ripped off.

I think it would be best to read a few reviews before upgrading your speed since you could be paying more, and not getting the advertised speed.

If it cost many hundreds dollars a month, it probably be more worth it to pay for a slower cheaper connection, and buy physical games, and movies.

oh no need to read, I can confirm that you don't get the advertised speeds due to the fact it depends on too many things like your area's wiring, your location, ect.

oh no need to read, I can confirm that you don't get the advertised speeds due to the fact it depends on too many things like your area's wiring, your location, ect.

I read online if too many people are using the internet on a cable internet connection, the download and upload speeds will be slower. I bet, a lot of people with Gigabit internet will do a lot of tasks like streaming 4K video, downloading many big files, etc which could slow down the cable internet network.

EU net is probably the best, speed wise. Is google fiber already present in the states?

I think only a few cities have Google Fiber in the US, so most people in the US do not have Google Fiber.

Back