Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
It's a new month! GL Swells! and new updates on the GL forum.

Welcome everyone to the third update of the year and it's been a busy night and with the fact I should be in bed right now so I'm going to get this update rolling with....

---- Of the Month ----

Congrats to benoit489 benoit489 for his activity in the past month and very interesting topics! Topic of the month is: Three-Year Quest To Beat Every NES Game

---- Merger with Gaming Reinvented ----

Yes! The biggest thing to happen to GL since going to Xenforo has happened! We have merged with the forum Gaming Reinvented to expand in both members and posts alike! The merger has come about with GR owner CM30 struggling to keep the forum going while maintaining his game blog. I've offered to step in and handle all forum affairs while he focuses on the blog, we will interchange our efforts on both sites to keep both places healthy and active. More on the blog partnership in the near future.

Here is a run down of changes from the merger:

• CM30 CM30 former admin of GR forum is our newest vice admin here on GL
  • We will expand our forum discussion on Cheats, ROM Hacking and Emulation with a board dedicated to it, this is where you can show off your fan made stuff related to video games. CM30 has many projects already posted so check them out!
  • For now two boards from GR will be added to Gamers Hub in the subboard, these contain some interesting and detailed posts that I didn't want to get lost in the flood of topics. Overtime I will reply to most and slowly sort them into the right boards on GL till the boards can be deleted, assuming they don't see much activity.
  • Any related boards from GR were dumped into the right GL board (Nintendo into world of nintendo, general discussion in power off, forum games in GL gamer hangout, ect.). If you have any questions where something is, try searching or let me know.
  • all topics from GR should be redirected to GL to boost our SEO

Pretty much it on the member level, I personally welcome all GR members to GL. Please enjoy your time here and I am grateful that you have followed your fellow forum members here. As GL heads towards it's 10th anniversary of being online, lets make this an awesome year!

I have checked most things from the merger, but if anyone has any issues please let me know here, in the GL feedback forum or via PM.

---- Resource Manger ----

As you may have noticed we have a resource manger now! This is something that me and CM30 will be working on to let you guys share what you need with other members among other things. More on this in the future.

---- Contest Points ----

I know I said last update that I was going to start the contest points here on GL, but the merger and school got a bit hectic. But this Saturday I will have a few things ready to go finally! Look forward to it.

---- Addon issues ----

I've come to see two issues with the TGDB and Arcade. I'm going to focus this month on trying to get some better alts in place or maybe shape them up a bit more. I'll have an update on this later and thank you for your patience if they don't work right.

---- SSL ----

I've come to notice a few pages on GL haven't had the secure green padlock mostly due to images. I'll have this fix on the main page hopefully by tomorrow. Otherwise know GL is a safe place for your data!

---- Light Theme ----

Just a update that I should hopefully be putting up a custom light theme skin on GL later this month to match our custom dark theme skin. Look forward to it as it should be great and will come with some nice custom node icons for both skins ;)

Well that does it for now. Once more welcome to GL all GR members and lets all enjoy our time here as we get closer to E3 2017 and GL's birthday!

---- Stats ----

With the merger these stats will be crazy, and I forgot to pull the numbers before the merger so not sure how much we made normally but here goes:

We currently have 358,980 posts and 6,603 members and in the last month we made 158,371 posts and got 4,580 new members!

Last edited:
All good except we have 6,603 members not the 2000 odd you poster, think that figure was before the merge? :)

Glad to see the merge is now done, great to see some new faces around and exciting times lie ahead. We all have little projects that we are working on to make Gaming Latest the best place for our members both current and future. Stay tuned and feel free to make suggestions. Congrats benoit489 benoit489 on member of the month.

Congratulations!

Why are there less sections than before though?

Thanks everyone! Glad to see the content was moved over, and things like the Resource Manager added.

Either way, a few more things I'd like to add here:

Firstly, I'm going to try and fill the resource manager a bit soon. This is because there are a fair few files there on Gaming Reinvented, and I think it might be best if they were added over here as well. So while it's currently empty at the moment, it won't be for very long.

Secondly (and finally), if you're a wannabe journalist or want to write about video games, then you should join the Gaming Reinvented news site. This is because it's open for anyone to post articles, reviews and walkthroughs for video games, and only works out well when a few more people are contributing to it. So if you're interested in that side of things, the link is here:

You'll also be able to pay for certain content, make other people pay to view your own content or require members to be logged in to view it instead.

Either way, me and Demon Skeith will also try and set up stuff so articles posted there end up being given a topic here via RSS, as well as to try and get things integrated wherever possible.

Congratulations on the merge. Hope to see more people here soon :grin:
Not sure if it was due to the merge but I cannot view the video game threads anymore. I'm getting this message -
"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Congratulations on the merge. Hope to see more people here soon :grin:
Not sure if it was due to the merge but I cannot view the video game threads anymore. I'm getting this message -
"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

This should be fixed now. Just tried out my new vice admin powers here and made it so users can read and reply to topics in that section again.

Reactions: Ash
Back