Gmail marking emails as spam

Danielx64

Credits
A new day a new topic (Sorry :()

upload_2017-3-3_22-35-19.png

Yeah it just started tonight here but your emails are getting marked as spam. I clicked on "Not spam" but I don't know if that will be enough.

Just wanted to give the heads up on it :)

I am seriously going to have to get the ban hammer for you :p

I thought our email went through the major carriers but I guess not. You'll simply have to mark it not spam.

Yahoo! Mail is a much better alternative. I only use Gmail because YouTube forces me to.

If you are receiving emails for watched threads you're probably getting a fair few emails from us? Maybe Google thinks we're pestering you too much and spamming the emails because of how many you get from us in a day. I don't think we are marked as spam to everyone.

If you are receiving emails for watched threads you're probably getting a fair few emails from us? Maybe Google thinks we're pestering you too much and spamming the emails because of how many you get from us in a day. I don't think we are marked as spam to everyone.
Yeah I do get emails for watched threads but odd thing is that it the first time that it happened with this forum. Other boards that I head to doesn't have this issue. I wonder if the recent mass mail about the merge ticked the system off as others may have marked your emails as spam.

Quick search bring this up Avoiding the Gmail Spam Filter:

• Engagement — Recipients can deliberately label certain messages as spam, but engagement metrics, such as open and click-through rates, also can affect the email-filtering process. An increasing number of Internet service providers (ISPs), including Yahoo! and Gmail, are using such engagement metrics to determine if an email should automatically be blocked or filtered as spam. In effect, Google is simply trying to provide a great user experience, just as Google’s search algorithms do. So, Google views engagement metrics as an indicator of whether or not the user is interested in emails from that sender. We have seen tests where lists with high levels of engagement get through Gmail’s spam filtering, while lists without the engagement don’t get through.

Also: How do I stop my emails from being labeled as spam? - InMotion Hosting

1. Examine your email bounces. When an email bounces, it will tell you "why" it's being bounced and give you a source or reason for the bounce. If you're being listed on a service (that you may not be aware of), then you should investigate. In some cases, you can very easily remove yourself from a list simply contacting the authority who has blacklisted you. This may not always be the same person as the email administrator of that server. However, you can also send an email to an email administrator of the service to find out why your emails are being blocked. Though, I would only do this after examining the reason for the block and ,making sure that you have done your due diligence by reading their bounce messages and confirmed that you're not sending spam.

When the mass mail was done, did you get any bounce from old email addresses?

For now I wouldn't stress too much but I will keep an eye on it for you though.

Back