Good open world steam games?

Fillfall

Awards
Credits
I just got myself some money on my steam account and I want to buy some games in the style of Grand Theft Auto, Just Cause 2, Assassins Creed and such. In other words, games where you can mess around a bit and do a lot of what you want. It's great if the games have good graphics and oline multiplayer, but it's not needed..

Oblivion, Skyrim, I think Fallout 3.

Terraria.

Really, surprised you didn't mention it.

Well, if you consider this an open world, a game that's definately worth it's price for us JRPG lovers: Torchlight.

If you like GTA, you'd love Sleeping Dogs. It's like Grand Theft Auto, but it's set in Hong Kong and has a better melee attack system.

http://store.steampo...com/app/202170/
I've considered it, but I've read that a lot of people had problems with it on pc because it was a bad port.
After some searching I'm considering Skyrim. It's just that it costs so much on steam.

Steam has sales pretty often, especially during the summer. If you don't mind waiting, there'll probably be another Skyrim sale at some point in the future, maybe near Christmas.

Fallout: New Vegas. Not only is it superior to Fallout 3, it also is significantly less "creepy". I didn't think either were creepy but I can understand why you would think it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried out the Sleeping Dogs demo and the game was fun, but you walk retardly and the psychics are wierd..

What genre do you want the game to be? J/RPG, Shooters, tactic, etc..?

Haven't played it yet, but you can get Arma II Combined Arms with the DayZ mod.

If you want an open world sandbox game that's outright hilarious and extremely fun, you should definitely buy Saints Row The Third. Get a buddy to play it with too, and your in for a really good time. Good story, good game play good graphics and really outrageous and out there compared to some games today, It is definitely one of my favourite sandbox games of all time.

Everyone else said the games I could think of. Unless I'm missing something...

Bumpin' dis thread.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - semi-open world horror/post-apocalyptia shooter. Supposedly has some neat mods.
Crysis 1 - not really open world, but offers *much* more open map movement than Crysis 2. I like being able to choose to stalk through the jungle, cloaked, or to hop in a river boat and suddenly have attack choppers bearing down on me as I zip along at 60+ mph.

I think all the other big ones have been hit here, e.g. Just Cause 2, GTA, Skyrim, Minecraft & Terraria, ARMA, etc.

Back