Gaming Reinvented - Google’s Apparently Considering a Video Game Streaming Service

Gaming Reinvented Google’s Apparently Considering a Video Game Streaming Service

Discussion in 'Gaming News & Trailers' started by GR News, Feb 7, 2018.

1. GR News

GR News Feed Poster

Money:
    $3,500
  2. froggyboy604

froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Money:
    $30,151
    I wonder if there would be free games which people can stream for free after watching a short ad like YouTube where most videos are free to watch, but you need to watch a short ad.

Hopefully, Google will still sell offline games and apps in the Google Play app store, and won't stop selling apps and games which you can install on a Google Android smartphone/tablet and Google Chromebook with Google Play support.

3. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

This does not surprise me, it surprises me they didn't do it sooner.

4. SuwakoMoriya

SuwakoMoriya Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $3,668
    Let me guess, 95% of the streamers will get demonetised for being quote-on-quote "not suitable to all advertisers", and only the 5% (the most famous ones) will have every single stream monetised.

5. CM30

CM30 Well-Known Member Staff Member Vice Admin Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $3,897
    It's a console that streams video games to customers, not a service for people to stream video game footage.

So it's basically like this, except high tech:

6. froggyboy604

Money:
    $30,151
    App and game makers on Google Play can get their ads on frees app and games demonetize like websites and YouTube videos which use Adsense for making money from displaying ads on a site, video, and online content.

There will most likely be some free games on Google game streaming service which get banned for posting content like racist content which is not advertisement friendly, and breaking the rules like tricking users to click their ads in games to make more money from ad clicks.

7. SuwakoMoriya

Male
    Money:
    $3,668
    The very reason YouTube got such dominance is due to the fact it's a very easy money making machine.
    People with enough loyal followers and a decent partnership network could eventually replace their full time jobs with YouTube.

However, this is a common misconception, because too many newcomers with no reputation try the same thing through direct monetisation (not via a network), and end up disappointed they only earn 10 cents a year or solith.

The irony here is that lots of my Touhou Project games are getting demonetised like this, all while YouTube never comes with an explanation on why.

It could be as silly as the very name of the game (東方 = Touhou), which means eastwards/oriental.
    I heard this word is seen as "racism" in the USA, which doesn't make any sense to be honest (lots of things they consider racist makes absolutely no sense actually).

8. froggyboy604

Money:
    $30,151
    I think most new YouTube Creators these days require a Network to make enough money to quit their job or even reach the $100 payout limit every month, and it is harder for newcomers to make enough money to reach the $100 payout limit. I bet, there are many video creators who never or rarely reach the $100 payout, and YouTube holds onto their money, and use it to earn interest from a bank, or to invest the money in making advertisement friendly videos which earn a lot of money from ads.

I also don't understand how eastwards/oriental can be considered racist since people including Asians have been using the word oriental for many years.

9. SuwakoMoriya

Male
    Money:
    $3,668
    It's the very thing I meant actually, newcomers generally have no clue there are any YouTube networks out there at all, and YouTube usually demotivates those who know in their help pages though blatant lies.
    Though people who have years of YouTube experience often don't know about the existence of networks either, except those are usually people who don't speak English at least on a fluent level.

Another thing is that the $ 100 payout limit doesn't apply to network partners, that limit is usually determined by the network admins.
    BroadbandTV for instance has no such limit, so even if you would earn $ 0.01, they'll still pay you out that much every month.
    There are networks that have a limit of for example $ 25 or $ 50.
    I know somebody else who used to be with Maker Studio, they do it that way.
    But then Maker suddenly quit and she had to find an alternative, so she joined Curse and they don't have such limit either.

10. froggyboy604

Money:
    $30,151
    I think most people pick being a Network partner because they don't want to risk getting banned from ads for no reason on YouTube, and not getting the money they earned like $25 taken away from them, or it takes many years to earn the $100 to get the $100 payout.

It is disappointing that YouTube does not lower the payout limit, or payout what creators earn every month.

11. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

my guess is they are losing too much money.

12. SuwakoMoriya

Male
    Money:
    $3,668
    Actually, the opposite is true.
    Advertisers are those who pay for the ads, all while Google takes 40% of the total amount you should get, and they won't show you that in the Analytics at all.
    I understand that, every platform holder takes a share for being a platform holder, but they might at the very least be as transparent as they are with Google Play for example.

13. froggyboy604

Money:
    $30,151
    I bet, YouTube still makes a lot of money, and has the chance to make more money in the future as more people watch online video instead of TV which is not as popular these days.

Those pre-video/pre-roll ads cost a lot of money to buy, and the banner ads next to videos also cost a lot.

14. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

I'm sure twitch and other services have cut into their profits and they can't justify paying so many people.

15. froggyboy604

Money:
    $30,151
    I think YouTube still makes a lot of money, but Twitch and other services may have cut into their profit. Twitch and other sites may make it harder for YouTube creators to reach the $100 payout limit because viewers rather watch Twitch and other sites instead of YouTube.