froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Google released version 53 of its Chrome browser just a couple of days ago for Mac, Windows and Linux, but mobile users on Android need not worry. The company has a special place in its heart for its mobile OS - in fact, the Google Chrome Beta for Android version 54 is now available.

With version 54, Google introduced a handful of updates to Chrome Beta. The new version introduces a handful of features that include background video and playback and a redesigned new tab page, among others.

Read more

I think this feature is not really good for mobile devices because it is more difficult to close tabs with auto-play videos, and ads in them vs a desktop web browser where you have a bigger screen, a mouse, and keyboard shortcuts for quickly finding those annoying auto-play video web browser tabs, and closing them.

I bet, this feature will also make users go over their data limit faster if they are too lazy to background close tabs with auto-play audio and music in them, or they don't realize there is a tab streaming audio in the background because their phone's volume is set to zero, or their speaker is too quiet.

I'm sure this will also make a phone very hot to use with so much running on it.

I'm sure this will also make a phone very hot to use with so much running on it.

I think if the video is paused, and only the sound from the video is playing in the background, the phone may not get very hot or use a lot of power unless the audio has a high bitrate like 320 kbps or saved as an uncompress FLAC or WAV audio file.

Back