froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Google has spent a while reducing Chrome's sometimes notorious demands on your system, but it knows that its web browser still needs some work. Accordingly, the upcoming Chrome 55 will include an upgraded JavaScript engine that significantly reduces the memory footprint. Given that many modern websites thrive on JavaScript, this should lead to some dramatic improvements -- Google says its test sites (including the New York Times, Reddit and YouTube) used 50 percent less RAM on average than Chrome 53.

Read More

It's good to know that Chrome will use less RAM/Memory in the future. I think December is kind of a long wait since there are probably a lot of Chrome users who are desperately wanting Chrome to use less RAM because their PC has 1 to 4 GB of RAM.

I often hear of this, firefox having the same issues. Its good that Chrome will fix this.

I often hear of this, firefox having the same issues. Its good that Chrome will fix this.

I think Firefox will also be making changes to its browser to use less RAM, and also make it run better on modern processors.

That is good news. Google Chrome really uses a lot of resources.
I didn't know Firefox was also a hog, I jumped to it recently hoping to find a better thing. I feel it works better and opens less stuff in my task bar. XD

That is good news. Google Chrome really uses a lot of resources.
I didn't know Firefox was also a hog, I jumped to it recently hoping to find a better thing. I feel it works better and opens less stuff in my task bar. XD

I think Firefox was a memory hog a few years ago, but they slowly improve the memory usage of Firefox. Firefox does start to use more RAM after users install a lot of plug-ins, toolbars, add-ons, and themes in my experience.

Back