Google owes you $7

FYI, the misnomer about VPN’s is that people treat it like a magical shield for your privacy. You have to put more effort than just using a VPN.

Essentially if you’re on Google Chrome, logged into your personal Gmail, and Google searching, the VPN is doing nothing.

Tbh, a lot of people are wasting money using VPN services based on their own practices.

This.

That's interesting! I had never heard of that before. Where do you double-check that information?
What VPN do you like to use?
It's from forbes adviser I reviewed everything from after hearing about it randomly before. NordVPN have been my best pick.

It's from forbes adviser I reviewed everything from after hearing about it randomly before. NordVPN have been my best pick.

The problem with articles like this, is that it causes people to think VPN’s are an invisibility cloak. The VPN at home section is incredibly vague. You have to adjust your browsing habits alongside using the VPN.

Logging in on Facebook with your real information regardless of using a VPN or not, does not stop them from selling your information if you still give Facebook your information.

If I use a VPN, log in my real Facebook, then say I’m currently at X restaurant, and then start uploading pictures of myself at said restaurant, the VPN did nothing.

That’s the problem with the misinformation about VPN services. Information like that is left out.

The problem with articles like this, is that it causes people to think VPN’s are an invisibility cloak. The VPN at home section is incredibly vague. You have to adjust your browsing habits alongside using the VPN.

Logging in on Facebook with your real information regardless of using a VPN or not, does not stop them from selling your information if you still give Facebook your information.

If I use a VPN, log in my real Facebook, then say I’m currently at X restaurant, and then start uploading pictures of myself at said restaurant, the VPN did nothing.

That’s the problem with the misinformation about VPN services. Information like that is left out.
You have a good point though. It's what you to when connected to a VPN that determines what gets out there for you to be exposed or not.

You have a good point though. It's what you to when connected to a VPN that determines what gets out there for you to be exposed or not.
Basically. Sure it hides your actual IP address (not like that alone is a direct indicator of who/where you are), you still get assigned an IP address from your VPN provider.

So if you sign in on multiple accounts with the same IP assigned by your VPN within a small time period, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to conclude it’s the same person logging into those accounts.

Back