Google Play Store may be coming to Chrome OS, with a million Android apps in tow

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
ndgtjCf.jpg

Redditor TheWiseYoda noticed that when he opened the Settings menu on his Chromebook, he briefly saw an option that says “Enable apps to run on your Chromebook.” The option disappears after a second, but if you catch it in time, you can reportedly check the box and get a window that asks you to “get started” setting up the Google Play Store on your Chromebook.

Read More

It's good to see that there maybe more apps and games available for Chrome OS once Google Play is officially release for Chrome OS.

I wonder if this also means you can use the Google Chrome web browser for Windows, Linux, and Mac to run Android apps instead of needing to use an emulator like Bluestack Android Emulator.

I hope most of the games for Android will have controller, and keyboard and mouse controls since many Chromebooks still don't have touchscreens.

I bet, Valve/Steam and other game makers will start porting more of their games like Portal, and Half-Life 2 over to Android once Chrome OS supports Android apps, and games.

Back