Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Google is redesigning YouTube to make the site more attractive to the content creators who make the kind of stuff Google could actually sell ads against -- like Disney, for example.

# The site will do away with current tabs "videos," "channels" and "community" and replace them with four tabs: Movies, Music, Shows, and Videos.
# The first three tabs is supposed to feature premium content, though YouTube doesn't have many licensing agreements yet.
# Videos in all four sections will feature in-stream, interruptive ads -- just like Hulu.
# There will be a new player interface. It looks a lot like Hulu's, marking on the timeline where ads will play and allowing users to "dim the lights."
# The redesign will emphasize a divide between long-form premium content and the user-uploaded stuff.
# The launch has been delayed till April 16, possibly due to on-going negotiations with Disney.

source

oh s***, interruptive ads? oh f*** youtube is dead as hell now.

Ugh, well, not I have to find a new place to make my Fire Emblem videos. Youtube will die, by my hand. Fucktards

QUOTE (Stosh @ April 11, 2009 04:19 pm) Ugh, well, not I have to find a new place to make my Fire Emblem videos. Youtube will die, by my hand. Fucktards
let me know if you find a decent place.

I guess in this case Google wants Youtube to look a little more professional and user friendly, and also more entertaining.

QUOTE (Spiritwarrior @ April 11, 2009 08:50 pm) I guess in this case Google wants Youtube to look a little more professional and user friendly, and also more entertaining.
damn to hell they want to do that. If there going through this much trouble (making it into a hulu mock up) google isn'tt making enough $$ from youtube.

I hope Youtube does not lose its sense of community and become all commercial. It will be a shame if it did.

Back