Got myself a new laptop

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Well, it comes tomorrow...

Yeah. So I needed a new laptop - the one I am using currently is very low spec (Intel Pentium CPU) and isn't really up to the task of what I need to do. Instead of going with a gaming laptop, something I considered but didn't really see the point of, I went with a decent spec HP Envy. This thing has the following main specs:
  • Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7500U (2.7 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
  • Hard drive description: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
  • Hard drive (2nd): 128 GB M.2 SSD
It is a pretty decent laptop for my needs. See it here and should be a lot better than my current one and allow me to be more productive online. I am looking forward to getting it tomorrow but also might be low on activity for a couple of days whilst I get it set up.

Thoughts on this laptop? I think it looks pretty nice and has decent specs.

That will be a really nice laptop for casual use. I have a similar, lower spec (no SSD, slower CPU) laptop that I use for work and it's great!

Plus, with that modern laptop, you can probably play most games released before 2010. Let's be honest, Minecraft is all you need.

This looks like a nice laptop for doing most tasks, and playing games which can run on the Intel Integrated graphics on your laptop. Hope, you enjoy your new laptop.

Maybe it just me but I never thought that you got an I7 that is dual core. Other than that it doesn't look too bad for basic work, I wouldn't try playing the latest games on it though.

Not bad, but I think mine might be slightly better :p

You should have no issues with the PC, but win10 might give you some headaches.

Not bad, but I think mine might be slightly better :p

You should have no issues with the PC, but win10 might give you some headaches.
Oh definitely, like I said I didn't want a gaming laptop though - just something to do word processing & internet tasks basically. Should realistically power though that.

I've had windows 10 since the first month or so it came out, I find it pretty decent honestly.

It is a pretty cool laptop. Does it support a RAM upgrade over 8 GB?

Back